We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Casa

Dublin
1 post
Save Topic
Booking Casa

Hey guys,

I am travelling Cuba with a girlfriend independently for 2 weeks in March and I am booking the necessary 3 nights accomodation in a hotel (as I was told this is needed as proof to enter the country) but after that we are going to stay in Casas.

Do I need to book them prior to arriving in the country or is it easy enough to go from one to the other as you go without an advance booking?

Thanks for your help :)

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Casa

Hi Lauren. I hope that Voyhavana will be able to come on and answer your questions. I am pretty sure that it really is not neccessary anymore to have 3 nights accommodation pre- booked.

If you would like a quick answer and extra help and advice I would suggest you contact Jorge in Havana, he will be able to help you an awful lot. you can email Jorge on:- jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es

Have a look at this thread to find a little more information:- tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147271-i387-k8345…

Mentioned in this post
Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Casa

NO, it is not necessary to book any Hotels for 3 nights before your arrival. What you (and any other traveler here need) is to be able to fill up your tourist card with the address where you plan to stay in Cuba. It can be then the address of a house. Obviously you have to pick a house licensed legally to offer lodging to foreign visitors.

About booking your houses I suggest you do at least the first couple of nights (like you were going to do with the Hotel). It will help you not only to have an address to fill up the card but also to have a destination for you to tell your taxi driver when landing in Cuba. If not, planning to go from one house to the other will cost you may be more than the first night itself as you will have to transport yourselves from door to door while the taxi driver is waiting. March is still high season and the best houses could be booked and showing up will not help you IMHO.

But I know other suggest doing it differently…though I have never understood what the points are with those suggestions. At the end booking in private houses does not require (generally speaking) any deposits (though some are asking them lately).

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Pasadena
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Casa

actually with suggestions from Voyhavana I connected with a terrific local guide with recommendations on licensed houses, great licensed restaurants in private homes too.. I found pricing to be fair , people to be friendly and honest. we even had dinner with him, his wife and son.

Voyhavana please let your friend nubia626 is back and I would love to chat

Pasadena
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Casa

actually with suggestions from Voyhavana I connected with a terrific local guide with recommendations on licensed houses, great licensed restaurants in private homes too.. I found pricing to be fair , people to be friendly and honest. we even had dinner with him, his wife and son.

Voyhavana please let your friend know nubia626 is back and I would love to chat

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Casa

I will Nubian…

bradford
Level Contributor
42 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Casa

How did you go on in getting the tourist card. The application forms says you must have proof of 3 nights accomodation.

I am thinking of doing similar in April.

Regards Richard

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Casa

Sorry but Bradford where? (sorry for my ignorance)

In any case, let me tell you that the only requirement related to the Tourist card is to have an address written on it. It can be a legal houses or Hotel. Some travelers just to save time and hassle write a name of a Hotel in that section.

Whose application is asking you to prove your 3 nights of accommodation?

bradford
Level Contributor
42 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Casa

HI,

Bradford UK

the form asks for proof,

thankyou Richard

bradford
Level Contributor
42 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Casa

HI,

Bradford UK

the form asks for proof,

thankyou Richard

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Casa

Application from? Cuban Consulate or a travel agency?