We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuba Trip

Level Contributor
15 posts
Cuba Trip

Just back from three weeks in Cuba. I loved it. Hopefully will go back next year. Voyhavana, on this forum recommended his friend Jorge as someone who could help with accommodation etc. I contacted him and he was fantastic. He organised casas for me ,each one better than the last. He was also always available by phone with help and advice. It made my trip much easier and I would recommend anyone going to Cuba with any concerns about accommodation, travel arrangements or indeed anything Cuban to get in touch with Jorge. It will make your trip a much happier experience. (jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es)

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Cuba Trip

Hi Peter:

How is the weather in Ireland these days? Over here still sunny and warm though it is refreshing a bit.

I am very happy to know that you had a wonderful trip. It is always a pleasure to introduce travelers to our wonderful country through our most treasured resource: our people. Jorge did mention to me you are a very nice guy as well. Hopefull we meet next time.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2. Re: Cuba Trip

Voyhavana,

Eight degrees with clear skies. Slightly cooler than Cuba !

Yes, the people i met around Cuba were wonderful. I had heard that i would be constantly harrassed by hustlers of one kind or another but I've travelled in many third world countries where it was much worse. It is understandable where you have poverty that people will always try to make a few bob from tourists any way they can. A simple 'no' (or sometimes 'yes') was always enough to stop it. It adds to the experience but really was only a small part of a much greater experience. Can't wait to go back.

3. Re: Cuba Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, August 25, 2009