We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations Please - tour of Havana

Glasgow UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Recommendations Please - tour of Havana

Hi, leaving at the end of the week, spending 3 nights in Havana, and hoping to tie up with a guide arranged by Jorge (thanks Voy). Not sure of the MUST sees, and would like some advice. Only want to do guided tour for one day and spend time on our own for the remainder. Hubby, and 12 yr old daughter.

Want to make sure we see the "best bits".

Any recommendations please.

Mentioned in this post
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Recommendations Please - tour of Havana

Hi Frances, I am so envious.

I don't blame you - make the most of a good thing, have a fab time and down a few cocktails for me and let me know what you did when you get back........ any job vacancies working with you.... lol

Glasgow UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Recommendations Please - tour of Havana

Have just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks in Cuba. Spent the first 3 days in Havana, where I met up with a guide arrranged by Jorge..... absolutely wonderful guide, many thanks to Jorge and guide, Martha. My only regret is that we did not take up the offer of touring the new Havana for the 2nd day, but both hubby and daughter had wanted to do own thing, although we did manage to see some other attractions.

Spent the rest of the time at the Sol Palmeras in Varadero, although the resort was nice it certainly was not a four star.

Also done the jeep safari, another great day were we managed to see some more of the real cuba.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Sol Palmeras
Sol Palmeras
6,831 Reviews
Cuba
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Recommendations Please - tour of Havana

Steve YZ, What great advise you have given!!! Thanks so much! I will take your advise and visit some of these places when we're down in Sept.!!

Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Recommendations Please - tour of Havana

Have been very busy since returning from Cuba but felt I had to write even a few lines to recommend to anyone and everyone visiting Havana to contact Jorge for a guided tour. Without him explaining everything under the sun from the time of the pirates to the upcoming presidential summit, we would not have had the id depth understanding of Havana, even if we'd read tourist guides. The things he can tell you is amazing. Well worth it!

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Recommendations Please - tour of Havana

Hi Vaalie and Kath1804:

I did call my friend Jorge and he asked me to thank both of you for your nice words.

Jorge also asked me to let know Kath that Martha finally married her boyfriend and they are now renting legally a couple of bedrooms for tourists visiting Havana. Little clean place in the heart of Old Havana.

Thanks on behalf of my friends.

Mentioned in this post
Old Havana
Old Havana
17,448 Reviews
Cuba
16. Re: Recommendations Please - tour of Havana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 13, 2009