We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Nacional Suite Question

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Nacional Suite Question

I am trying to decide between a one bedroom suite or two standard rooms at the Hotel Nacional, in Havana. I need to have two separate sleeping areas and wondered if the sofa in the suite turns into a bed or would be comfortable for sleeping.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
107 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Nacional Suite Question

Hi,

We had two standard rooms - one for a single person, which turned out to be a good sized double, and a double room which had a kingsized bed and lots of space (and chairs, but no sofa). They have twin rooms too, but do you require two separate rooms, or one room with two beds?

If you prefer two separate rooms, there is an option to have connecting rooms, but the cheapest option would be to request two standard rooms on the same floor - a suite with two bedrooms would be a lot more expensive.

Have a lovely trip.

Please read my (and others) reviews for a rounded opinion.

Cuba Libre.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Nacional Suite Question

Hi BoABeau,

Thank you so much for your reply!

We are considering a one bedroom suite.Do you know if the sofa is in a separate living room and if the sofa folds out to be a bed?

We need two separate sleeping rooms, for one person each.

Thank you so much for your help!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
107 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Nacional Suite Question

Hi Sparklegem,

We did not have a sofa in either of our rooms - so there is no guarantee that a room will have one. We had a table and chairs, and a comfortable rocking chair.

I suggest you get prices for two standard rooms, for a suite with two bedrooms, and for two connecting rooms and take the option that suits you best.

Many of the agent bookings will not have options for the above, so it may be worth contacting the hotel directly for a quote - and then inform an agent (if you use one) exactly what type of room(s) you require.

Good luck.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Nacional Suite Question

Thank you!

I am still hoping to hear about that sofa :)

I have a quote on the single room, one bedroom suite and the two bedroom suite. We would really like the one bedroom suite if the sofa was an option for sleeping.

5. Re: Hotel Nacional Suite Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 04, 2014