We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

Manchester
Level Contributor
554 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

Hi

I've seen lots of places to buy a return flight Cayo Coco - Havana and they all cost the same. A few people have told me that it is cheaper to buy the flights in Cuba than to buy before i go, as i will be charged extra booking from the UK. I have also heard that tour operators at the resorts will book the flights only for you, I don't want to go on a guided tour. Can anyone confirm? Will book in advance if need be but I would like to be able to decide when to travel once I am actually there, if possible

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

When do you plan on traveling?

Manchester
Level Contributor
554 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

I arrive in Cayo Guillermo on 7th June for two weeks, am looking at maybe 13-15th June

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

If you do book from the UK and the prices are all comparable ... you can make a difference.

A difference by helping Cubans help their animals.

A portion of your booking, no extra cost to you, goes to the Spanky Project's work in Cuba.

spankyproject.org/Spanky_Project/Book_Your_T…

Manchester
Level Contributor
554 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

So can anyone tell me if the flights are cheaper to buy once you are in Cuba? It costs me £160 return if I book now. If I can get it cheaper I would be very pleased, as my budget is not stretching to many excursions, but Havana is a definite!

Rutland
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

Hi Laura. It's so frustrating because you have asked exactly the same question as we have asked before, and looking on the forums we can't find an answer. We too would rather book from Cuba and also prefer travelling independently rather than on group excursions. Have you found anything else out yourself? If you pay at the resort I presume you can use a credit card? Will share anything we find out. (we are there before you - 2 weeks from 10th)

uk
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

please please come back on here with the info once you have been. I am trying to find out the same stuff, But I'm am also getting nowhere. I do not travel until Oct.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,840 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

I would be surprised if you could get it cheaper than that in Cuba - and you are more likely to have problems with credit cards not working or something.

Havana, Cuba
Destination Expert
for Varadero
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

The problem is that here you cannot give your self promotion...

Rutland
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

In the end we had to make a quick decision, changed our minds and booked the coach trip to Havana through Thomas Cook - We could have got a flight through TC but it was just an overnight stop, whereas the coach trip gave us 2 nights/3 days so we got to see a lot of the 'real Cuba', I got to take hundreds of photos, (which was my prime aim) as we were taken to areas on the coach and did a 'walking tour', with free time to wander off. The guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. There was an optional visit to Club Tropicana one night (taken by coach) which we enjoyed (a cigar for the men, a flower for the ladies, a glass of 'fizzy' each, and a 1litre bottle of rum between 4 included in the 50 CUC entry) Terrific dancing and atmosphere - we enjoyed that. Some of us were taken to to the Hotel Nacional to spend an evening (also optional). Yes it's a long way, but plenty of stops for the coffee/drinks/WC and buffet lunch & a drink included on both legs of the journey (Santa Clara after visiting the 'Che' mausoleum on the way down). So no regrets - we learned a lot, saw a lot, and there was very little hassle. Be warned though, the coach trip is only once a fortnight - (which was why we made a quick decision as it left the day after we enquired about it - on a Sunday). Price 279 CUC for the coach trip including all meals (plus 50 for the Tropicana). The plane leaves on a Thursday (for Thomas Cook) and costs 393 CUC but you only get one night in Cuba. Can give more details on the coach schedule if any one wants it.

Rutland
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking flights between Cayo Coco and Havana

By the way, re hotel in Havana. We stayed at the Hotel Panarama.