We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cohibas

s glos
Level Contributor
105 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
cohibas

much against my principles my son has begged me to buy cohibas !!!! is it better price wise to get them in havana or varedero ? we are going to both so neither would be a problem . I only want to buy legit ones so any shop advice would be good thanks

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: cohibas

Everything's been covered except for one other issue. I'm a serious cigar smoker and collector and as far as marcas go, Cohiba is the most expensive. Are they worth it? No if you smoke them young. This is a cigar that needs serious age, at least 3 years and 5 or more is better. So when you go to buy, look at the bottom and you will find a date code in spanish with a 3-letter month and 2-digit year. The other code is the factory code and not as important as it once was. If you find a box of Cohibas with only letters then you have something very old, pre-2000. snap it up. Also a better reason to shop in Havana since they will have more stock and you may have a chance of finding a box that's been around for awhile.

So with good age, the answer is YES they are worth it. And whatever you hear, only buy from LCdH's with the exception being the shop in El Morro. Cueto helps manage it and he's sometmes there (his wax figure is always there lol). A great guy too. One of the best cigars I've ever had, right alongside a 1492, was a custom cigar Cueto made for me last March.

Edited: 9:23 am, March 19, 2013
12. Re: cohibas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, March 21, 2014