We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs on Sundays

Ontario
Level Contributor
273 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs on Sundays

Just a quick note to remind/warn everyone that trying to use a Cadeca/Bank ATM to withdraw money on a weekend may be an issue.

I had this problem (again) a couple of weekends ago in both Havana and Guanabo machines. They were ALL out of CUCs.

So make sure you have the cash you need at hand BEFORE the weekend.

My 2 cents.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,487 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs on Sundays

Thanks for the tip.

Ontario
Level Contributor
273 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs on Sundays

Coming from you, Bellagio, that's quite the compliment.

I'm happy to try to help!

Skopje, Republic of...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs on Sundays

I plan to go on vacation for the first time in Cuba and I need information related to POS' terminals. Are the POS' terminals in use in Cuba?

Thank you

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ATMs on Sundays

"POS" aka Point of Sale?

To keep it simple let's say no.

Ontario
Level Contributor
273 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATMs on Sundays

I decided to bump up my original post because this JUST happened to a friend of mine visiting Havana a couple of weeks ago.

IT IS AN ISSUE... be aware of it and then you'll avoid the hassle of driving around the city (or a couple of "cities" for that matter) looking for a working ATM.

My 2 (sadly) experienced cents.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATMs on Sundays

Thanks Tolouse ....I'm also loath to use an ATM anywhere in the world at night (i.e. when the bank itself is closed) if I'm travelling somewhere else the next day in case the card is swallowed and there is no official to retrieve the card from inside the machine.

Having said that our personal experience with over 200 ATM transactions in Cuba has been flawless and have never spent more than 30 minutes finding an alternative working ATM if the first was empty or out of order.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ATMs on Sundays

Thanks

8. Re: ATMs on Sundays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 13, 2014