We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Havana Good Time App

Edmonton
Level Contributor
16 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Havana Good Time App

Hi all,

I have a smartphone, but it is not an iPhone. Has anyone used this app with an Android phone? (specifically, I have a Samsung galaxy note and hubby has the S3.)

Thanks!

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Havana Good Time App

Just Apple so far.

Works with iPod Touch too.

Edited: 10:00 am, November 23, 2012
Edmonton
Level Contributor
16 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Havana Good Time App

That sucks, but thanks for letting me know. Is there any app that would work with Android or should I go invest in a travel guide book?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Havana Good Time App

I would get a travel book such as frommers, lonely planet or rough guides.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Havana Good Time App

The app is available for Android. Downloaded it and tried it a few months ago. Have to say I never opened it again.

Personally, I don't get it at all. I am afraid I am probably missing something as I have seen several people in here recommend it, but someone will have to explain to me what the deal is. Seems to me it's a micro-encyclopedia on some of the common attractions etc in Havana, not a guide. What am I missing?

But yes, it's available for Android, and is pretty cheap so not much to loose if you end up never using it.

Edited: 6:03 pm, November 23, 2012
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Havana Good Time App

DT: I personally like the how the app constantly shows new restaurants/paladares etc.. Guidebooks generally have the same listings version after version. With regards to other information it is quite similar to any guidebook.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Havana Good Time App

But you can read the complete Good Times app in 15 minutes... It's just a list of the most famous paladares, casas, museums etc and a short text on each. Or am I missing the hidden button for the extended menu?

But yes, an app does have the advantage over a guidebook on paper that it's easier to keep up to date.

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
7,558 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Havana Good Time App

Thanks DT, found the app for Android here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Havana Good Time App

Is much much more up to date and comprehensive c.f. any other guide book on Havana. Maps and addresses for every thing mentioned is great too. Also nice fotos. BTW I'm a speed reader but would take more than 15 mins to skim all the entries!

And yes loaded fine on my Sumsung Galaxy and my wife's iPad.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
709 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Havana Good Time App

Two big recommendations for eating in havana found via HGT. Dona Eutimia in a short alley beside plaza de cathedral. I think reservations a must. Yum yum. Nice pretty sights as well. My gaydar was going off :) but good service and good, yummy food. Second thumbs up to El Austrianito! 2floors above Los Nardos and no long line ups. Very busy place and food was excellent, plentiful. Service for me was outstanding. They even sent me out the door with one of their menus as a souvenir. Loved the food, service!

10. Re: Havana Good Time App

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, December 16, 2013