We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa de mary in centro havana

Miami, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Casa de mary in centro havana

A few days ago I came back from Havana. It was my third time but my first time in Casa de Mary in Marina Street (Malecon) 61, Havana Center. The others previous times I stayed in Vedado and Old Havana in private houses too. But Mary’s exceeded my expectations.

It’s a nice, clean, quiet and comfortable duplex apartment in a very safe and center location where the guests have privacy because the rooms are upstairs. My room was spacious and with private bathroom. The owner and employees are friendly.

I booked this house through www.cubaccommodation.com. Alain, the Sales Manager recommended and booked it for me. He also took care of the transfer from and to the airport in modern taxis with a/c.

I can’t wait to come back the next year. I definitely recommend you the Casa de Mary and the Cubaccommodation services.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

Glad to hear you had a nice experience!

2. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:44 am, January 09, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

What streets on Malecon is this between please?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

Here is the address from the site..

Marina # 61 e/ Vapor y Hornos, Havana City, Centro Habana

5. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:44 am, January 09, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

Sorry ddcuba and garcias - somehow I managed to miss those details.

Edited: 12:06 am, October 01, 2012
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

I just returned from Havana for me and my twin's birthday celebration. I stayed at Casa de Mary (Marina 61 e/ Vapor y Hornos, Havana Rentals, Havana City, Centro Habana) and it was a fantastic apartment. I traveled with a group of friends and we rented all 3 rooms.

The location was perfect as it is seconds walking distance to the Malecon. There are also several shops and restaurants in the local area.

The land-lady was very helpful and ensured our trip was enjoyable sourcing us taxis' at the best price, hotels in other cities and even bought me and my twin a birthday cake for our birthday.

The house staff were accommodating, respected our privacy and very helpful.

The apartment was always clean and tidy despite 5 guys leaving a trail of mess everywhere.

Casa De Mary is highly recommended and I will definitely be returning there in the future.

The apartment was booked through 'Cuba Accomodation' (http://www.cubaccommodation.com). I emailed the staff with lots of questions prior to my trip and they were very responsive and efficient. The 'Cuba Accomodation' arranged our apartment and an airport minibus pick-up.

Thank you for a holiday of a lifetime.

Santiago de Cuba...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

It's amazing how many people on this forum have such an incredible stay in a Casa they open a TripAdvisor account upon returning home and post their awesome experience with booking information included. Strangely enough, we never hear from 99% of them after that.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

I cannot speak on behalf of everyone else but most countries I have visited have lots of reviews, information available in English and you can contact property owners directly. However, this is not the case with Cuba...... there is limited information available (if there is, it is in Spanish or Russian) and it is difficult to source accommodation other than large hotels.

Therefore, it is encouraging to see people posting their experiences (good or bad) and how they booked their accommodation as it makes it easier for others. In addition, due to the pretty much non-existent access to the internet there is no reason why tourists shouldn't help promote private rentals as well as other tourists (considering they cannot do it themselves).

I hope my post will help others make an informed decision :)

Santiago de Cuba...
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa de mary in centro havana

There is a huge amount of information on Cuba on this travel site and many others. A basic search on here will give you literally hundreds of reviews on hotels, casas, restaurants and tourist attractions all throughout Cuba.There are also many third party websites (including the one that you used) that allow you to book accommodation in Havana and other cities. Do you have any other recommendations from Havana? Favourite restaurants?.