We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

I am looking for a travel agency (I assume in Canada?) that will assist an American wanting to book a round-trip flight between Mexico City and Havana. Jorge can only help with Cancun flights, but it's $500 cheaper for me to get to Mexico City than to Cancun. I've tried cubajet.com and Cubana's website, and I'm hitting a brick wall. Can anyone recommend a reliable travel agency or travel agent to help me?

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

Check out www.nashtravel.com

Edmonton
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

I hope that all Americans wishing to visit Cuba will educate themselves on the various legal issues their government has enacted in this regard.

I visited Havana a number of months ago, and while there, struck up a conversation with a fellow from New Jersey who was also there on vacation. He said he had asked his travel agent in New Jersey about a flight from Cancun. After checking around the Agent told him that the cheapest flight from Cancun to Havana was $500, but an all inclusive (including hotel and food) from Toronto was also $500. From New Jersey it is easier to get to Toronto than to Cancun. Thus the Toronto deal was done.

I must say I was struck by the nonchalance of the whole thing. The way it sounded, almost any travel agent will do this, and it seems like a normal thing.

Once again, I would not personally recommend anyone to get on the wrong side of the law.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

Nash Travel is a great option..

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,717 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

explio, for Amercian tourists illegally visiting Cuba the "wrong side of the law" issue hasn't existed for years now. It's a complete non-issue.

For a thumbnail sketch of the situation read Reply #1 here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k44029…

Cheers,

Terry

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

Thanks - I've emailed Nash Travel and am waiting to hear back. Terry, excellent synopsis in the other thread with regard to Americans visiting Cuba!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

We used Red Tag in Toronto last fall and they booked us on SunWings. Less than $500 for the roundtrip, a week in a decent hotel, free shuttles to habana Vieja, and transportation to and from Veradero airport (VRA).

If Obama loses, you might want to consider making your trip before Jan. 20, 2013.

North Bergen, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

@becca

You can save some time & money by looking at flights from

Seattle to Toronto\Mex. Via. www.kayak.com

And getting flights from toronto\etc to havana. Via. www.cubatravelnetwork.com

They accept US Credit Cards and book with Cubana and Canada Air

Look @ time tables and see there..

Nash = $$$

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

I should also add that I have learned from past experience that you can save quite a bit if you're Canada-bound by flying into a US border city (Seattle, Detroit, Buffalo or Plattsburgh) and then going the erst of the way by land and avopiding all the international air travel taxes.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

Thanks everyone! I ended up going through Cancun instead of Mexico City, so I used Jorge to book everything - flight to and from Havana, accommodations, driver to and from airport, salsa lessons. Seamless, easy process and could use USD for flight and accommodations.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
230 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel agency that will assist Americans in booking flights?

Thanks everyone! I ended up going through Cancun instead of Mexico City, so I used Jorge to book everything - flight to and from Havana, accommodations, driver to and from airport, salsa lessons. Seamless, easy process and could use USD for flight and accommodations.