We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Havana
Search

Any Americans Used the Canadian Group "Cuba Explorer?"

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
113 posts
7 reviews
21 helpful votes
Any Americans Used the Canadian Group "Cuba Explorer?"

I am debating whether to use a Canadian group called "Cuba Explorer" to secure a 8 day education tour of Havana and I think a national park. They have been diligent in answering my questions, etc. I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this operation out of Vancouver? Tried to do a google search regarding reviews but nothing valid came up.

Thanks!

484 replies to this topic
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
6,220 posts
33 reviews
47 helpful votes
481. Re: Any Americans Used the Canadian Group "Cuba Explorer?"

Patty,

I would be vey skeptical as well !! Lots of self promotion and fake profiles... let the buyer beware !!!

2 posts
482. Re: Any Americans Used the Canadian Group "Cuba Explorer?"

We had a great trip with Cuba Explorer to Havana and the beach at Varadero. No hassle getting to Cuba. Very safe in Cuba and people very friendly. We will likely go back next year and many years to come.

2 posts
483. Re: Any Americans Used the Canadian Group "Cuba Explorer?"

I see some people are skeptical re first time posters. I haven't posted on trip advisor before because felt no need. I think people have a misguided impression of Cuba as I did. I can assure you that my trip with Cuba explorer was great and I will use them on our next trip. You cannot go wrong going to Cuba or using Cuba Explorer

484. Re: Any Americans Used the Canadian Group "Cuba Explorer?"

My wife and I enjoyed the August 2019 Old Havana and the Sea trip that Cuba Explorer conducted. We were celebrating our tenth wedding anniversary and had a fantastic experience. The communication with Cuba Explorer in advance of the trip in regards to our questions was always timely and clear. Everything on the trip ran smoothly, and we definitely want to return to Cuba because the experience was tremendous.

There were seven other Americans in the group with us. Our tour guide, Atila, was the best part about our trip. He spoke English well, was very personable and gave us great insight into the collective mindset of the Cuban people.

Reply to: Any Americans Used the Canadian Group "Cuba Explorer?"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted