We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

havana

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
5 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
havana

What is the most fantastic thing to do in Havana?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: havana

In my opinion and yes they are both touristy things but... Tropicanna and the Old City Market. Mrs B and myself really enjoyed both. Oh 1 other thing. A drink on the roof of the Hemmingway way hotel..El Mundo I think it. Great view.

Cheers

Edited: 2:10 pm, November 10, 2011
Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
589 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: havana

Fuster's House and neighborhood is the most fantastical, Alice in Wonderland place I can think of in Havana (Jaimanitas neighborhood). Not on the regular tourist route.

The question is probably too broad to answer in all honesty.

montreal
Level Contributor
616 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: havana

It is indeed a difficult question to answer. For me my favorite thing to do is just walk around and try to find something interesting I have never seen before.

But having a drink in the garden of the Hotel Nacional looking out towards the water sitting beside the giant cannon is pretty cool.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,258 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: havana

After you have done the usual tour of the city during the day ,In the evening I would say go round a few bars where there is live music and soak up the atmosphere of Havana.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
589 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: havana

Check out Conner Gorry's Havana Good Time iapp for some ideas:

http://sutromedia.com/apps/Havana_Good_Time

For the latest on cultural performances visit www.kewelta.cu

Restaurants: www.alamesacuba.com

Picton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,214 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: havana

Roof top of the Lincoln Hotel watching the full moon rise over Centro and the harbour.

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,344 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: havana

The Fuster House and neighborhood are fascinating. We had lunch there and they served a very nice Cuban meal with salad, fish, plantains, rice and beans and ice cream.

Another stop I really enjoyed was Hemingway's home outside of town.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,480 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: havana

I like the roof top cocktail!

Did so at the Santa Isabel!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: havana

I recommend staying in a B&B (casa particular), get a map and explore! Just walk around and take it all in. You can catch a coco cab if you stray too far. We stayed in Vedado and took a taxi to old Havana and walked around. So much to see in Old Havana. The best restaurant in Vedado was Mercedes, a little bar with great food!! I wish that this was a restaurant listed on trip advisor. Also we explored the colon cemetery and the jose marti monument. Then we went out of town to the beach, playas del este, about 20 min drive from Havana. Great beach.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
305 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: havana

Sara,as you recommend the Mercedes,do you remember where it is in Vedado?If not,anyone else?What kind of place is it?.