We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

Anybody know what is meant by a Torre bedroom at the the Parque Central Hotel in Havana?

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

Torre means tower, so there may be a hint there

Grand Bend, Canada
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

it would mean that it is in the new tower which is approx a block away from the original hotel but is connected underground. It is a more "modern" style vs the colonial style of the original.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

Many thanks for your replies.

Val

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

My wife and I have stayed in both sections. We prefer the "Torre" rooms much larger washrooms. But we still preferred heading over to the old section for a better breakfast.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

Tower is the new section. It is across the street from the old building. IT is connected underneath.

I would not call the older building colonial style IMO.

Agree with ddc37 although foyer of Tower a lot quitter for those who like less crowded areas.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
589 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

The rooms in the new tower are cavernous...(big)

Edited: 3:41 pm, September 26, 2011
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

Thanks everyone for your useful replies. I have now booked to stay there from 25th January 2012 for 5 nights. The hotel now belongs to the Iberostar chain. When I tried to book on Saturday with Virgin Holidays, at first the hotel wouldn't come up on their system as it was in the process of changing hands - but they eventually managed to find it and book a room for me. Really looking forward to coming to Cuba - I've booked the holiday as a surprise for my husband's 50th birthday. After Havana we are then going to Varadero for 6 nights.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

I was a bit perturbed by the message I got from Virgin Holidays to say that the Torre rooms have been re-classified as Standard Rooms since the Iberostar take-over.

As my daughter said today, does that now make the Standard Rooms sub-standard Rooms?

Not brimming with confidence about this booking, now.....

Sighs.....

Edited: 10:15 am, September 27, 2011
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

Hi LadyLindaT - I think the Torre Rooms were already classed as Standard Rooms - but just located in a different part of the hotel. My booking is also now for a Standard Room but I have no idea whether it's in the old part of the hotel or the newer Torre part. I guess I'll only find out when we check in!

This is the old website link - as you will see the Torre rooms were the same class and price as the Standard Rooms:

hotelparquecentral-cuba.com/room_rates.asp

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Parque Central Hotel - Torre Room?

The difference between the standard room was never a huge amount, I remember paying a difference of 10 cuc per night last year, The rooms in the tower are much larger though. You can always email the hotel directly and request a room in "torre" section..

Email:

reservations@hotelparquecentral.cu or

Res Manager: zaylin.cruz@hotelparquecentral.cu