We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving tour of Havana

B.C.
Level Contributor
205 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
driving tour of Havana

Hi,

Just planning our trip in October. We are 4 adults travelling together. THe four of us would love to do a tour in one of the old cars. Would it be possible for the 4 of us to do it in one car or would we need to split into 2 cars?

does anyone have any reccomendations they can share? We are looking into hiring Jorge for a walking tour as well.

We are also interested in seeing a ball game while we are there. Does anyone have general info on this? Will there be ball being played in October?

Also not to open a can of worms here.. but would some gently used ball gear be something the Cubans would be able to use?

Thank you much!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: driving tour of Havana

If you are thinking of hiring Jorge then I would suggest you put all your questions to him as he can sort a whole manner of things for you, at least then you know you will be receiving very good services all round.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: driving tour of Havana

We used Jorge to organise our driving tour in an opentop American car and it was very good.

There were 4 of us + driver and guide, so 6 fitted in without to much problem.....3 in the front, 3 in the back. I think the key to it was using a convertible car as it stopped it feeling cramped and allowed us to see more.

We did the walking tour one morning and the driving tour the following day which seemed a lot more relaxed than trying to cram it all into one day. Hope that helps with the first part of your question.

B.C.
Level Contributor
205 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: driving tour of Havana

Thank you.

That does help a lot! I will certainly email Jorge and see what he can put together for us.

thank you once again.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: driving tour of Havana

Definitely let Jorge organize this for you. Four people plus driver won't be a problem, convertible or not.

As for used ball gear, if you have good Cuban friends who play ball, I am sure they could make use of it.

Wakefield, United...
Level Contributor
306 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: driving tour of Havana

Hi nic 925nf what sites did you see on your driving tour?

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: driving tour of Havana

pleas telle what you pay for the car and how long was the trip?

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: driving tour of Havana

Hello

Looks like you are from Denmark, we need to Cuba 10 / 7 I can not figure out which course is CUC $ against or against the Danish krone, you can help

Hej

Ser ud til at du også er fra Danmark, vi skal til Cuba 10/7 jeg kan ikke finde ud af hvilken kurs er CUC imod $ eller imod den danske krone kan du hjælpe

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: driving tour of Havana

Hello yourself

As of today the exact exchange rate to the Danish krone is 5,38129, meaning you will pay 5,38129 kroner for 1 CUC.

The only bank in Havana where you can exchange Danish kroner is the Banco Financiero Internacional (BFI). I don't know where you're at in Havana, but there's one on the ground floor of Hotel Habana Libre and one just off Obispo in Habana Vieja, I forget the street name right now, but ask your hotel reception.

You can withdraw cash from your credit card (Visa or Master) from ATM's and the CADECA on Obispo.

It's not that complicated. But if you're in a REALLY big emergency and all lost while in Havana, send me a PM and I'll pick you up and handle it for you for my usual 5% jinetero commission :-)

Safe travels

----------

Hej selv

Den præcise kurs er i dag 5,38129. Du vil altså skulle betale 5,38129 kroner for en CUC.

Den eneste bank i Havana hvor du kan veksle danske kroner er Banco Financiero Internacional (BFI). Jeg ved ikke hvor i Havana du skal bo, men der er en afdeling i stueniveau på Hotel Habana Libre og en anden i en sidegade til Obispo i Habana Vieja. Jeg husker ikke lige gadenavnet på stående fod, men spørg i receptionen på hotellet.

Du kan selvfølgelig også hæve penge på dit kreditkort (Visa eller Master) i hæveautomater eller i CADECA på Obispo.

Det er ikke så kompliceret. Men hvis du er i en nødsituation, kan du sende mig en PM, så skal jeg nok hente dig og hjælpe dig mod betaling af min sædvanlige 5% kommission :-)

God rejse.

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: driving tour of Havana

Hello again

Thanks for the good information, it helps actually.

Now I am started do you know anything about how we can go on a trip to Cienfuegos, wants to swim with dolphins, and from Trinidad (1 night) the next day right back to Havana. Have you any idea what it would cost to hire a chauffeur / driver for this 2 day trip? You're not even guide?

Hej igen

Tak for de gode oplysninger, det hjælper faktisk.

Når jeg nu er igang, ved du så noget om hvordan vi kan komme på en tur til cienfuegos , vil gerne svømme med delfiner, og der fra til Trinidad (1 overnatning) næste dag direkte tilbage til Havana. Har du nogen ide om hvad det vil koste at leje en chauffør/driver til en sådan 2 dages tur? Du er vel ikke selv guide?

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: driving tour of Havana

Forgotten just asking, is it worthwhile to bring Euros to Cuba, or is it best with Danish kroner?

Glemte lige at spørge, kan det betale sig at medbringe Euro til Cuba, eller er det bedst med danske kroner?

Get answers to your questions about Havana