We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking tour - Jorge?

Allinblind
1 post
Save Topic
Walking tour - Jorge?

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are visiting Havana soon, and were interested in taking a walking tour around the city. Can anyone recommend a guide or their favourite things to experience on a very short stay?

A colleague at work suggested a guide named Jorge was very good, but wasn't sure if he had the correct (or current) email address. If anyone has it to hand it would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

N

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
4,444 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

You can contact Jorge at jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es..,he come very highly recommended as do some others.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

Here is a link to a Havana itinarary taxi/walking tour of Havana. It will give you a good idea of what you can/could see and do. Also a slideshow of images for your enjoyment.

salud

Steve

Touring Havana Itinarary

www.7daysinparadise.com/smf/index.php…

Cuba Images Slideshow (Havana, Vinales & General)

…photobucket.com/albums/…

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,759 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

You ARE the man, Steve!

Anyone can see, you are very into this place. Thank you for been so.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,939 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

We had a walking tour organized through Jorge and the fellow that did our private tour was Alex. There was my daughter and I plus another couple we met prior from the East Coast.He was very informative, polite and gave us a personalized tour. Highly recommended. from what I have heard all the guide arranged through Jorge are excellent but we really liked Alex.

South Delta
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

How much was the tour?We will be staying in Varadero and are trying to decide whether to take a bus and guide ourselves or go on the excursion but this may be another option.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

We also used Jorge for our two day visit to Havana. The guide was again Alex who was interesting and passionate about Havana and made sure that he pitched the tour at the right level for our group of six women.

Jorge is reliable and professional and I would highly recommend his services and those of Alex.

Canada Eh
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

thank you Steve, you have made up our mind about visiting Cuba..great slide show!!!!

vancouver BC
Level Contributor
183 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

I just returned from my first trip to Cuba -- a week in Havana. Amazing. I started off at Casa Evora Rodriguez -- 20 Paseo de Prado in Vieja Havana. Top end casa with stunning views. I asked about walking tours and she referred me to Jorge, who provided me me with an excellent guide for 11 hours over 2 days. Really top class. Jorge also found me a second casa for the last half of my stay, as Evora was full. And he found me a cheap hotel in Varadero where I had to spend the night.

Jorge is great and not only runs a stable of tour guides, but can help a newcomer with all sorts of little things.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,717 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

The two best investments BY FAR for a first time independent visitor to Cuba:

1.) A decent guide book like Moon, Rough Guide, Lonely Planet, etc.

2.) A local guide for part of the first day or two.

Cheers,

Terry

10. Re: Walking tour - Jorge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 28, 2010