We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cira Garcia Clinic, money, lodging

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
441 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cira Garcia Clinic, money, lodging

Has anyone used this clinic for cosmetic surgery or have ant information about it?

I know it is on Calle 20 at 41st I think. In playa La Habana. But I have seen elsewhere that it is in Miramar?

Can anyone tell me about tyhe area and Casa Particulars in that area.

Money? What is my best bet. I live in Mexico and can withdraw Mexican pesos, but then I read that the exchange is poor. I do not want to use US $$ as there is an extra fee for that. I can easily get Canadian $$ by sending US $$ to a friend and exchanging, but now I read that is going down? Should I get Euros while I am in the states...Suggestions please.

Tour Guide..I have already decided to deal with Jorge as he is trying to help me with other thigs and he sounds like a lovely person. He will make my Casa arrangements in the end, but for now I would like what ever info I can get.

one last question, how are the streets and sidewalks, is it feasable to use an electric scooter there?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
101,518 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cira Garcia Clinic, money, lodging

In answer to your money question, either Canadian dollars or euros would be the best currencies for you to take.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cira Garcia Clinic, money, lodging

Here's the info I have on the Cira Garcia. It's the International Clinic used by foreigners and the International Pharmacy is directly across the street.

I've also included the link to their website and the direct link to their page on Plastic Surgery procedures and prices.

I've linked a map of it's location, though on the Google Map it's labelled as "Servimed".

You'll be fine with Jorge's services and as to the streets and sidewalks being ok for an electric scooter. That's debateable for the sidewalk, but the streets are reasonably smooth in that area. Really depends what you define as an electric scooter.

The location is in Miramar just on the west side of the Rio Alemendares.

For money, the Mexican Peso really is bad to use and the best advice I can offer is to use the Banco Metropolitano website which posts daily exchange rates, and then work out which currency will give you the best value after bank fees are factored in. It will really depend on your costs to get either Euro or Canadian Dollars.

www.banco-metropolitano.com/moneda.php…

Clinica Central "Cira Garcia"

Calle 20 No. 4101 esq. 43 Miramar

Playa. Ciudad de La Habana

Telefonos: (53 7) 24-2811al 14

Fax: (53 7) 24-1633

Email: ciragcu@infomed.sld.cu

Website Home Page (English)

http://www.cirag.cu/ingles/clinica.htm

Website site map.

http://www.cirag.cu/ingles/mapa.htm

Complete listing of Plastic Surgery procedures and their prices in CUC.

http://www.cirag.cu/ingles/cirugia_ce.htm

Map of Location

…photobucket.com/albums/…ClinicaGarcia.jpg

salud

Steve

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cira Garcia Clinic, money, lodging

1.) The Mexican Peso sucks in Cuba:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147275-i99-k31409…

2.) Everything you need to know about Money Exchange:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147270-c109329/Cuba:…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147270-c69372/Cuba:C…

3.) I can’t imagine any medical procedure than you couldn’t get just as cheaply in Mexico (and in much better facilities) than in Cuba.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Terry

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
441 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cira Garcia Clinic, money, lodging

Thanks for the information. It looks like I will transfer US $$ to friend in Canada and have them bring me Canadian $$.

Terry, Actually the surgery is much less expensive in Cuba and the Doctors involved come highly recommended from people who have been there.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
441 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cira Garcia Clinic, money, lodging

If I travel by myself, how is the safty for a single middle age female. Can I safely stay further away from the clinic where it is less expensive? What areas would be ok, and how far from the clinic?

6. Re: Cira Garcia Clinic, money, lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 18, 2010