We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cuba or busted?

california
1 post
Save Topic
cuba or busted?

how can i get permission to go to cuba. i 'm an american citizen and i wisg to travel there

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cuba or busted?

You can't get permission. People do travel there but it's on the sly. The Cuban's have no problem with you coming there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4,341 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cuba or busted?

You can get there by going in via a third country such as Canada, Mexico or Jamaica etc... .

Don't let them stamp your passport!!!!!

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cuba or busted?

thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/categories.cfm…

is the place to ask your question.

I would search the board first because your situation comes up quite often on that board.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cuba or busted?

In Cuba they do not stamp your passport, they stamp the visa which you fill out before entry and must keep until you leave. I do not have any stamps from Cuba in my passport.

North Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
373 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: cuba or busted?

I believe you can travel as an American citizen to Cuba as a student, for student travels/tours etc. I also think Artists can travel in groups to Cuba.

.be
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cuba or busted?

all the us citizens i met in cuba came in through mexico or canada. a classic route seems to be usa -> cancun -> havana.

in merida (dec. '04) i stopped at a travelagency that had roundtrips from merida, mexico to havana on sale at +/- 200 euros (55' flight).

as for stamping the passport. torontogal's right, they don't stamp the passport but the 'tarjeta de turista' (visa). they only stamp your passport IF you ask.

california
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: cuba or busted?

Fly to Canada or Mexico first and then enter Cuba. It's easy and fun. I do it all the time.