We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Havana, Cuba and more votes for Jorge

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Havana, Cuba and more votes for Jorge

I can only agree, and then some, with what has been said about Jorge and his team. The organisation works like clockwork. I asked him when I was there would he not like to take over the running of the country!! I had insisted on spending a few days at Varadero in an AI hotel - big mistake, the Casa Particulares were much more friendly and better food and you see the real Cuba.

I would also recommend his Old Havana walking tour, but if possible do it over 2 days as I found the 4/5 hour exhausting mentally if not physically, I just couldn't take in any more data. If you are lucky like me go to the ballet, one of the best performances I have ever seen.

DO go for a Salsa lesson - its great fun, I had 3 in all 2 in Havana and 1 in Trinidad which I liked better - maybe cos it was a male teacher???

Take some things to give away, especially clothes, soap, toiletries, pens and some emergency rations of chocolate. Do not expect to buy a lot of souvenirs unless you want T-shirts or wood carvings. ENJOY

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Old Havana
Old Havana
17,451 Reviews
Cuba
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
786 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Havana, Cuba and more votes for Jorge

Maggsdon,

Sent you a P.M.

Bethspoon

montreal
Level Contributor
616 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Havana, Cuba and more votes for Jorge

Is that casa particular Jorge??

In Havana but where vedado?

Mentioned in this post
3. Re: Havana, Cuba and more votes for Jorge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 19, 2009