We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide in Cuba

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Guide in Cuba

If you're going to visit Cuba, be sure to get a guide. My friends and I just came back from a 10 day trip for which he hired Jorge as our guide. He handled all of our internal travel arrangements, both for Havana, and Veradero. He made restaurant and show recommendations and reservations, arranged scuba trips, zip-lining, cigar factory and plantation tours, music shows and more. I had heard that the food in Cuba wasn't very good, but every meal we had was excellent (except for the time we went out on our own.) And the scuba diving was perhaps the best I have ever experienced. We were taken to what seemed to be untouched reefs with an amazing master diver. Moreover, our guide was extremely knowledgeable about the history and culture and his easy, conversational nature really brought everything to life. Don't get me wrong, a trip to Cuba would probably be great without a guide. But if you want to get the most out of your trip I would highly recommend Jorge. Our experience with him was outstanding. By the end of our trip, he felt more like a good friend than anything else.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
11 helpful votes
1. Re: Guide in Cuba

Hi, Sounds like you had a great time! We are going to Cuba in March - pls send me Jorge details. How much did he charge per day and what location did you dive?

Thanks

Deano

Scotland
Level Contributor
174 posts
30 reviews
37 helpful votes
2. Re: Guide in Cuba

My wife and I are just back from Cuba and can highly recommend Jorge who set up a guide (Alex)for us while we were in Havana for our first three days. Get in touch with him at:

jorgeguide2004@gmail.com

He is a lovely gentleman, who is not only passionate about his counrty, but is the genuine article. He will assist you with any part of your visit and will honestly answer any queries you may have. My wife received top-notch dental treatment while in Havana - all thanks to Jorge.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
11 helpful votes
3. Re: Guide in Cuba

Many thanks for your help

4. Re: Guide in Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 17, 2009