We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Superclubs breezes jibacoa

can anyone tell me if the pool (not the hot tub) is open say till midnight or so? In case you need a dip before turning in. The pool was strictly off limits when we went on our last Carribean holiday 10 yrs ago after 5pm. That was in the dominican. We are going on Aug 27th

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Well, everyone is different I guess, and we all look for different things out of a holiday.

I have been to Jibacoa 5 times and am returning again next year for my wedding.

Jibacoa is a beautiful resort, always clean and well kept. I wonder about the statement about the beds not being changed - there is a small card on the bedside table, which tells you that if you would like your bed sheets changed, to leave the card on your pillow. If you don't do this, the sheets will not get changed - it's just their way of saving water / detergents etc.

I have always found the food to be very good, and if anything it has steadily improved over the years. Always plenty of variety. The 'small' plastic cups that everyone complains are far too small, actually hold the same as the glasses you will get in the lobby or piano bars. Let's face it though, you're on holiday - so if the worst you have to worry about is having to wander back and forward to the bar for refills, then it's not the end of the world!! ;o)

The staff are amazing, always friendly and eager to help - if you treat them with the respect they deserve.

As for the point about the pool being hot - with the sun beating down on it all day it's going to get warm. It's like warm bath water sometimes, but still a refreshing way to cool off.

If anyone has any questions about Jibacoa, feel free to ask, or drop me an e-mail.

Amanda :o)

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Also, the time that you are picked up from the hotel for your return home is not set by the hotel, but by your tour rep/company.

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Sorry folks, forgot to add my e-mail address after saying you could e-mail me with any questions - doh!! :o) It's mand2512@aol.com.

chatham
5 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

forums are to post your review and your experience . i stated mine . great that you have had all good experiences there . we did not and thought i would share it. as for sheets we did leave the card do you really think we want a blood stain to set in . hello ..i even tried to wash some of it out. however there is no sense going on any more. some people just cant be open to critism. i spent the money, held up my end of the deal,made the best of it, changed what we could, accepted what we couldnt. dont tour operator work with hotels, always thought they did , how else would they get people to go to their hotels?hum. its all of cuba that has changed in the past two years. there is way to many places to visit and we are thankful we are able but it wont be cuba.

Ontario
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

I have already booked trip number 6 and 7 to Jibacoa. This is not the only complaint about people being sick in Cuban resorts lately. Perhaps it is time people do realize things are changing in quality in Cuba. I was very sick this past winter at Jibacoa for half of my tirp. However, I will be more careful with what I eat and drink next time.

If you pay a lot of money to go on vacation, ( Jibaoca is expensive for Cuban quality) then you do have certain expectations. I do and I love Jibaoca but I adjust or do something about it.

In this guy's case , yes he does have some awful whining problems but cut him some slack he does have some valid whinging going on as well.

Bristol
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Hi everyone,

We are off to Jibacoa on 15 September and really looking forward to it - only read one bad review so not at all worried!!

A question though...everyone says to take "insulated plastic mugs" - are these the type that have a liquid layer in the structure that you can put in your fridge or freezer? If not what are they??

Thanks

canada
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

I was in Jibacoa twice in the last two years, for a total of 4 weeks. I thought it was great. I never got sick from the food, I seen the pool guy out very early in the mornings cleaning it, etc. The sheets were always changed when we left our card on the bed. The rooms were clean. The drinks were good...we brought our own big mugs. The maid would tidy up our messy clothes and shoes and leave us notes thanking us for gifts we left her. There is a chance of getting sick from the food anywhere...but...if you think about it...you are in a new climate..the heat does some people in, you may be drinking like a fish and eating stuff you never ate before and swallowing a bit of pool/ocean water when you are swimming. I don't know what the complaints are about. This is a wonderful resort.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

I was at the resort in November 2004.

The pool is very clean.

I found the Varadero beaches to be better, as I found it to be quite rocky in various places.

Food was excellent but Cuban Standards.

Only complaint I had wss the singles wek that was planned. I did not find it very organized at all, and it was much better organized at the resort I was at the previous year.

I most recently saw in the Torotno Star a large story of the Singles week at thsi resort....looked a lot bettter than what Ihad experienced (although I still had a good time, avacation is what you make of it)

If i were to go back , it would at October fest,as they had tons of activities and was more of party atmosphere