We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Superclubs breezes jibacoa

can anyone tell me if the pool (not the hot tub) is open say till midnight or so? In case you need a dip before turning in. The pool was strictly off limits when we went on our last Carribean holiday 10 yrs ago after 5pm. That was in the dominican. We are going on Aug 27th

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

The pool at Jibacoa is open 24 hours. I think they do close it one night per week for cleaning etc though.

If you need any more information about Jibacoa, feel free to ask, or drop me an e-mail at Mand2512@aol.com.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Just got back...swam everynight 1:00 a.m., 2:00 a.m., etc. The water feels beautiful... no problems...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Thnak you both I am sooooo much looking forward to this trip just to get away. I aloso look forward to meeting great people and ejoying the resort. Thanks for your replies!!!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Hey Abby3...how was your trip? Please do tell...

victoria, canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Pool is open but one nite,the piano bar is great, the staff is excellent, and what about that CRAZY LADY this past week. SHe really did provide entertainment and the staff was so great in handling her. To bad she was from Hamilton!

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Crazy Lady? Sounds interesting - do tell!!

chatham
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

just got back and let me tell you it was the worst vacation i have had it 12 years. wait staff very sullen and not helpful. the pool was about 90 which is great for some but not able to cool off since it was so hot. towel exchange was a joke. guy never there. had little signs made up that he would be back in 15 min. but must have been in cuban time we waited 1 hour. the drinks are limited. no frosty drinks at all. and beer warm. food was so so. not much variety and nothing kept on ice in the heat. no tomatoes or lettuce. out of season. my son was married there and they had everything messed up even changed day on them and it cost more then they expected or were told. let alone it was at 1100 then finally began at noon. the hottest part of the day. we were all soak and had only taken limited pictures cause the heat was too intense. our room was some what clean. changing the sheets is not practiced, we know this cause my son had an accident there on scooters and was bleeding and the blood stain stayed on the bed the whole time. the taxi change their rate at will so be sure to try and negotiate first. we had been to club amigo 2 years ago christmas and the prices of everything has 3x. cigars are ridiculous if you pay off the shelf so if you can talk to staff and they will get them cheaper. however all sorts of souvenirs are way up in price. everyone we spoke to had one or more fmaily members ill and spending time in bathroom. one woman at the resort was so ill even at airport didnt know if she would be able to fly home. thats another thing they made us leave for airport at 6pm and flight was at 10:55. yep 5 hours early and then once we got to airport they told us plane delayed 2 1/5 hours as we got off bus. we could have stayed at resort longer and had supper since skyservice is terrible. we spoke to many people at airport that stayed at barcelo jack tar and sandals and their reviews were similar to ours. yes i did read this board before we went and was assured it was fabulouss so please consider going elsewhere cause after speaking to others at different resorts i think its cuba on a whole. they should remeber that without us tourist there will not be any of them. we pay their wages. oh yea. we met a couple who had been at resort for 10 days prior and had 11 more to go and the week before we arrived i guess it was worse and the big booses cmae down and things had changed for the better so i just cant magine what it was like the week prior. we have been to many caribbean countries in thepast 13 years or so and i can tell you this ...cuba will never see my family again, we will stick to the more southern island and south and central america. we have found better 2 1/3-3* that are and should be 10 if jibacoa is a 4-41/2*. if you want any info or soem pix i can email them to you. cant wait to go back to costa rica or aruba. sorry for being long winded but i wish i would have known better before booking super club breezes jibacoa. super clubs breezes better go see for themselves that these people are damaging their reputation. punkyzguy@hotmail.com if any questions.

chatham
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

oh yea the beach bar closed at 5 so no servicec to enjoy sunset which stunk cuz it s one of the most important times of the day and only place to get air atsupper time. cause its sweltering. the pool bar is closed at 1045 so lobby bar is best bet to get anything. bring your own cups to their are so tiny that you need 3 to make up one of ours. use your water pitcher in bathroom to get water or drinks for beach. if i think of anything else i'll be back. cause there is lots more. women watch out you'll get hit one continously if alone.

sorry about some spelling.

North Bay, Ontario...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

crazy lady sure had some interesting stories ( lies ) to share with everyone this past week!!

guelph
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Superclubs breezes jibacoa

Hi there ,

We are going on the 27 th too. I'm a lil worried now after reading Punkys trip report.