We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

Vaughan, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

Hi everyone,

I just thought I would share my first experience in Cuba with you. My fiance and I arrived at the Breezes Jibacoa on Saturday September 29th and had a very relazing vacation, but I what I really want to speak of is our trip to Havana.

I pre-booked a trip to Havana through Tripadvisor taking advice from many on this forum.

It wasn't my first time booking a trip before I got to my destination so I expected a smooth transaction.

Well all I can say is Havana is a very beautiful city, if you have never experienced it you must, the aricheture, the people the bussling in the streets, the food, just the whole experience is so memorable.

I have to thank everyone that advised me to use Jorge, it was the best decision I made, he was polite, courteous and went above and beyond what we expected.

I don't want to go into details of how the trip was set up, but what i can say is he did all the leg work, all we did was listen to a man that knew so much about Cuba's history, culture and showed so much passion for what he did, it was impossible to not get excited and captivated by him and the city.

What made this trip better than what we imagined was the extra things he did, we had told him what we wanted to see and he took us to all those places but along the way went to local peoples homes, we saw and walked into some of Cuba's great artistis homes we got to speak to them see how they live we got to travel down streets in havana where hardley no one gets to see and during all this we were getting a history lesson an experience I am sure only a few people have ever experienced, with every turn there was story. Many of the people that went on tours to Havana from our resort were amazed with what we did and what they did on their tours.

I guess I am wrote this becuase i think it would not be fair if i didn't inform people who are thinking about taking a Trip to Havana or want to do some other type of Travelling within Cuba about Jorge, I am comfortable in saying I dont think you will get a smoother, more enjoyable trip if you booked with someone else. Please feel free to email me if you want more private info on how I booked, rates, etc

I know Jorge it would be Jorge's pleasure to also speak with you about setting up something you can get in contact with him at jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es.

Cheers everyone

Manoj

Toronto, Canada

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

hey there!

Thanks for the post. I am off to Cuba tomorrow and have prebooked a Havana trip with Jorge! Can't wait!

Jenn

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Vaughan, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

Trust me you won't regret your decision!!

Have a great time.

mexico
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

I booked with him September 13 through 23 and wouldn't return to Cuba without using him. He is excellent, honest, kind, truthful, knowledgeable, organized, plugged in, available and has great cas particulares with wonderful host families.

My guide, Dania was just amazing. Her stories, (during our down time) had me mezmerized...she studied Russian studies seven years and worked for the Soviets for several more...several trips to Russia and then....all gone.... no more....

Back to the university,,,studied English and taught herself to become a guide...crammed all the history of Cuba into her head in her free time...AMAZING WOMAN..Single mom....Can't say enough about her either

Hats off to Jorge! He is all you will hear about him and more

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Dania Beach
Dania Beach
Broward County, FL
Leicester UK
Level Contributor
33 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

Thanks for that information. We are taking our first trip to Cuba in January. Have already booked a Casa in Havana for the first 3 nights. Very excited - and will contact Jorge. We are going independently so any information like this is very very useful.

Cheers again.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
wales
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

Can you remember what jorge charges for a days tour?

mike

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

Manoj:

Thanks for your post. I've read other good reviews of Jorge as well as other guides, but your post finally put me over the edge and we've booked a tour of the Museo de la Revolucion followed by a walking tour of Habana Vieja with Jorge.

Cheers ... Whitey

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

I've tried the e-mail address given for Jorge and it doesn't work !

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

It worked .... I had a (period) after the "es" (Duh)

Thanks Voyhavana.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
179 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

I have just sent off an email to Jorge! Your post and others has convinced us (4) that he would be perfect to guide us around Havana! We will be in Cuba for 2 weeks in mid November! Will certainly post how the experience went when we get back! Thanks for the info!

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amazing time in Havana - Thanks Jorge!!

sun6 - if you are still out there - i sent you a private message about getting in touch with Jorge.