We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good price for NH Parque Central?

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Good price for NH Parque Central?

Hi,

I'm visiting Havana for 2 nights at the end of December. There are 4 of us staying in 2 rooms. I contacted the NH Parque Central directly and was quoted a price of 270.00 CUC per dohble room per night.

I have now looked at webhavana.com and they can do me a price of 172 CUC per night...

Has anyone booked via webhavana before? I just don't want to get ripped off or find my booking doesn't exist when I arrive...

Thanks for your help.

Wes

Mentioned in this post
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
707 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good price for NH Parque Central?

Did you ask for a room at the front of the hotel as well ? Its a great view to wake upto in the morning !!

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good price for NH Parque Central?

From Dec 22nd to January 2nd is considered EXTREMELY High Season (Peak) by almost 100% of the Hotels in entire Havana (not only Old Havana). Rates jump to the roof!

Mentioned in this post
Old Havana
Old Havana
17,448 Reviews
Cuba
13. Re: Good price for NH Parque Central?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:43 pm, October 01, 2007
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Good price for NH Parque Central?

Just returned today from two weeks in Varadero during which we spent two days at Parque Central in Havana in a room at the front: excellent!

Jorge is well worth contacting if you want a guided tour of the city. Although he couldn't guide us personally on our two days his associate, Martha, provided an excellent service. She speaks very good English and is very knowledgeable. My wife said to add that Martha is also very pretty! I agree!

Mentioned in this post
Parque Central
Parque Central
229 Reviews
Cuba
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Good price for NH Parque Central?

Thanks for the info Digitl!

I will have to make a request to have her as our guide then :-) I'm sure if I don't get her though, there will be plenty of other Cuban girls in Havana we can have some fun with!

Mentioned in this post
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Good price for NH Parque Central?

Don't get any ideas: you're hiring her for her time and abilities as a guide, and she's very much married!

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Good price for NH Parque Central?

Digitl - thanks for the clarification :-) We will have fun there for sure (perhaps more so than being in Varadero for the other 10 days)

Mentioned in this post
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,350 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Good price for NH Parque Central?

You could use the Viazul bus from Calle 36 to go down to Trinidad for a couple of days. It's a 6 hour journey though (7 if you get a puncture when the driver takes a badly judged shorcut across the central reservation for the loo stop on the way back!).

Varadero, certainly at the hotel end, is not very authentic (read plastic). Nice beach but not a lot else. And the catamaran is useless if you want to do any snorkelling: sandy bottom, poor visibility and not a very exciting collection of fish. The meal is, as ever, poor too.

Mentioned in this post
19. Re: Good price for NH Parque Central?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 11, 2009
;