We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive options in havana ??

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive options in havana ??

Wife and I have been to cuba 5 or 6 times. Curious about any recommenations for all inclusives. I don't see much. One villa/hotel hasn't had a review in 2 years.. All that were there were bad.

Another hotel had the Canadian embassy get involved over unsafe conditions LOL!!

Flying from edmonton if that matters. Any suggestions for stays would be appreciated.

7 replies to this topic
saskatoon
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive options in havana ??

There are no all inclusives in Havana. There are the Atlantico and Tropicoco on Playa del Este east of Havana. They are 2-3 star. You can get buses into Havana from these hotels.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
406 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive options in havana ??

I've seen people with wrist bands at Hotel Nacional in Havana, perhaps they have some kind of tourist packages for you to explore.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,880 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive options in havana ??

Atlantico and Tropicoco are still technically in Havana, but you'd still be better off getting a casa particular in a more central part of the city. Look for an independent apartment, use the savings vs. hotel (whether AI or not) to eat and drink to your heart's content.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive options in havana ??

Not sure why you’d want to AI in Havana- you’d be totally missing the experience.

If you want to BBB- beach, booze, buffet; you’d be better suited to Varadero or closer to Havana is Memories Jibacoa. From Jibacoa it is easy to do day trips to Havana.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive options in havana ??

I can agree happybubble. My wife seems against renting an air bnb or private accomadations for some reason.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive options in havana ??

Well if she knew how bad the hotels are in Havana for the exorbitant cost she might change her mind. Private rental is really the way to go there. When I took my family we did a few days in Havana then moved out to Memories for a couple days, worked out well.

There are some very elegant and very modern private rentals in Havana. Use a Cuban booking site. You can even have your own private apartment for next to nothing.

Edit to add- if your wife is the type to enjoy AI more and have a true vacation then perhaps Havana is not the place for you guys for a long stay. Maybe staying AI and day trip would be better idea. I don’t consider Havana to be a vacation per se, moreso a ‘trip’. Two different ways of travel.

Edited: 1:26 pm, January 13, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive options in havana ??

As far as I know there are now AI options right in the city, several just outside. Several of the hotels in the city offer breakfast plan. Eat big then, take some fruit of bread for snacks, then have a large meal outside. Another option is a casa or independent apartment near a hotel, and get a day pass. For example Hotel national has one where I believe it’s 25 CUC per but 20cuc is credit for food. However if you are wanting to not to have to spend any cash for drinks and food, and plan to spend most of time in the resort or beach Havana is not what you are looking for. Do Veradero or the resorts close to Havana and take a day trip or overnight trip into the city. But you really should look at the casa particular option, there are several in the city where you will be in your own separate apartment attached to the host family, you can arrange for them to supply all your meals, do personal laundry etc, and the total cost would be less than hotel.

Reply to: All inclusive options in havana ??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Havana