We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Havana

Plaza de Armas Book Market

Rossnowlagh, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
72 reviews
38 helpful votes
Plaza de Armas Book Market
Save

Does anyone know what days of the week this is on? and around what times are they there?

Is it just books or are there other antiques n things?

Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas
Fabrica De Arte Cubano
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
67 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: Plaza de Armas Book Market
Save

Our guide told us it was on every day (this was October and November when we were in Havana) but when we got there it wasn't on. If I remember rightly it was both Monday and Tuesday that we went. We visited again on our return to Havana at the end of our holiday and that was on a Wednesday and it was there. . That doesn't necessarily mean that this continues like this through the year. He seemed surprised it wasn't on when he took us.

There are lots of books both English and Spanish. I bought two; one about Guantanamo and one about Santeria. I also bought an original cinema poster - Fresa y Chocolate. There were new posters and old ones. There were vintage trinkets, cigarette lighters, religious objects, jewellery, medals, small purses and lots of other things but predominately books.

It's worth a look.

Feltham, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
52 reviews
19 helpful votes
2. Re: Plaza de Armas Book Market
Save

As far I can remember, there are also posters, old magazines and badges for sale.

Rossnowlagh, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
72 reviews
38 helpful votes
3. Re: Plaza de Armas Book Market
Save

cheers

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
663 posts
5 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: Plaza de Armas Book Market
Save

In the past it seemed to be everyday, this past February we went on Friday there was nothing, we asked a food vendor and he said come back on Sunday, but didn't get down in that day. I am interested also as I usually picked up one or two 50's era cans or tins.

New york
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Plaza de Armas Book Market
Save

Was there last Tue. I saw a lot of revolution books, records and posters. No antiques if you're talking furniture

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
193 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Plaza de Armas Book Market
Save

I've heard that there are nice masks and wood carvings made by locals and would like to give them a look. Where might those and other Cuban made items be available?

New york
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
9 helpful votes
7. Re: Plaza de Armas Book Market
Save

#6--Almacenes San José

Ourense, Spain
Level Contributor
504 posts
16 reviews
7 helpful votes
8. Re: Plaza de Armas Book Market
Save

No more books at Plaza de Armas since Feb 4th. They are now all gathered at Baratillo and Justiz streets.

https:/…

9. Re: Plaza de Armas Book Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 09, 2018