We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get a guide to havana!!

Manchester
2 posts
Save Topic
Get a guide to havana!!

Old havana has so much history and beauty and we've just returned from 8days there. We would never have been able to fully appreciate it all, were it not for a guided walking tour on our 1st day, which orientated us to the sights (there are many) and gave excellent recommendations for what would bring our holiday to life.

We found our guide Cary through Jorge (jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es). Good rates and her enthusiasm and wealth of knowledge were well worth it. Only found out Jorge and his fellow guides on this forum (thanks to others for posting their details) and I highly recommend them to anyone thinking about spending any time in havana. Enjoy!

Victoria
Level Contributor
35 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Get a guide to havana!!

We are looking at going to Cuba in Feb 08 and are trying to find out some info on Jorge. I have had a wonderful e-mail from him --- the only thing bothering us is any money transfer without knowing the person. I would appreciate any advice you could give. We are between thinking this is a wonderful opportunity or is arranging travel with a tour guide in Cuba something we should be wary of. thank you in advance.

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Get a guide to havana!!

Not sure what type of money transfere you are talking about, I dont think you have to put any money up front this would be done on the day when you meet with the quide. And the guide that is mentioned in the post is more than trust-worthy i used one of his assosiates and could not have been more sattisfied with the service, I did a five hour walking tour with one of Georges assosiates, And it wasnt until the tour was over, then she asked for her payment. So i guess, it was reversed she had to trust me, as far as gettiing her fee.

3. Re: Get a guide to havana!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 04, 2009