We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuba in 3 weeks - what to do?

joe79
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cuba in 3 weeks - what to do?

I've booked flights to Havana for the first 3 weeks of August. I've also booked 5 nights accomodation in Havana, but nothing (yet) for the remaining 16 nights! I've flicked through the Lonely Planet guide and am feeling a little overwhelmed by the amount on offer.

Any suggestions or recommendations? I would like some time (about a week) on the beach but I think I would rather avoid the mega resort places - just not my cup of tea!

Any advice with places, accomodation and transport would be gratefully received!

Vegreville, Alberta
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Cuba in 3 weeks - what to do?

Hey Joe, if you have 16 days to spare you should try all the extras that there are. Like a catamaran day tour, reptile farm, the tropicana in Havana is to die for. Once you get to your hotel, there should be a list of things that a person can do. I spent 14 days in February of 2005 in varadero had a blast you should to.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cuba in 3 weeks - what to do?

Hi Joe. Contact Jorge in Havana he will put you right...... Jorge will be able to make good, informed suggestions and recommendations to you and give you helpful advice. He will also be able to arrange and book your accommodation, travel etc..... takes the stress and worry out of it for you....lol...lol

Jorge is a very reliable man and his services have been used by many happy travellers on this forum - he is highly recommended, I would seriously suggest you contact him and ask for his help and advice, you will likely be amazed at what he will come up with ~ You can contact jorge at:- jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
138 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cuba in 3 weeks - what to do?

I agree with LooneyLou. I was there the beginning of Jan. and Jorge made all my arrangements. It could not have been a better trip.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cuba in 3 weeks - what to do?

Joe, I forgot to add a link for you to read, this will give you an insight into jorge and his professionalism; there are many more posts about Jorge on this forum if you want to do a search in the searchbox.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k77525…

5. Re: Cuba in 3 weeks - what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 19, 2009