We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loonylou and Voyhavana -Help

london traveller
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Loonylou and Voyhavana -Help

Hi Loonylou and Voyhavana

We have spoken on this forum before about my 3 week trip to Cuba. Jorge has arranged the car and will make other arrangements.

He has been very pleasant and helpful on regular emails.

I am however a typical cynic and am unsure about transferring money to a numbered account with no real safety.

Having travelled to Cuba regularly(LoonyLou) and living there (Voyhavana), can I trust Jorge as being bone fide. I will not name the tour company he is using for security but i`m sure you may be familliar with it as he regularly works with them.

I am fairly confident in Jorge but just need to make sure(If that is possible?)

Merry Christmas and happy new year to you both.

Thanks

Alan

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loonylou and Voyhavana -Help

Hi Alan ~ Merry Xmas to you too !!

I understand your concerns re the banking issue but I can assure you Jorge is a bona fide and perfectly trustworthy and reliable person; also you must appreciate .... this is Cuba!!...lol..lol...

You only have to read through the many posts on the topic of Jorge, on this forum; that have been written by people who have used Jorge's services to realise that Jorge is genuine and honest, he is highly recommended by so many and I have never heard of anyone being let down by him ~ If that had ever happened I am sure it would have been plastered across this forum.....lol...lol, !!!!

As for the tour company, (I know the one you are refering to) this is a genuine legitimate business operating inside of Cuba, so no worries on that score.

Feel free to email me if you want to:- lyn.parry1@ntlworld.com

Enjoy ther rest of your Xmas and a Happy New Year ~ Lou

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loonylou and Voyhavana -Help

Alan:

Understandable hesitation that will disappear sooner than you expect.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loonylou and Voyhavana -Help

Alan, no worries - i personally know of travellers that have used Jorge's services and he's totally legit. As loonylou points out there are many many posts of happy travellers describing their experiences with Jorge.

Have a wonderful time.

london traveller
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Loonylou and Voyhavana -Help

Thank you all for your resposes, that have been very reassuring.

I hope this enquiry came across appropriately so as not to cause offence to Jorge and I have emailed him accordingly.

I am counting down the days to the trip and look forward to the experience. I am trying to get in tune with the `Cuban way` and hope to make the most of it before it changes.

I realise that you only get out of life what you put into it ,so I will do my best to actively get involved with the culture with an open and un assuming attitude and hopefully reap the benefits and privaliges that it brings.

Regards to all.

Alan

israel
Level Contributor
18 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loonylou and Voyhavana -Help

Hi Exporer 2190,

I have just come back with my family from a vacation in Cuba. Jorge was our guide and I can assure you he is completely reliable and trustworthy. He is a wonderful guide full of knowledge, we enjoyed his honesty and intergrity. He was always on time and gave us good advice. I would recommend his services without hesitation. If there is anything else you would like to know please contact me. mar_joy@netvision.net.il

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
london traveller
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Loonylou and Voyhavana -Help

Thanks Mimse27.

Thanks for taking the trouble to post a response. I am now very satisfied with all responses and look forward to meeting jorge. Thanks for supplying your email and I appreciate it.

People on this forum have been so helpful and I intend to make reports on my trip when I return for the benefit of other single travellers.

Thanks again.

Alan

7. Re: Loonylou and Voyhavana -Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 21, 2009