We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Cuba
Search

Blau Colonial Question Again

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
156 reviews
118 helpful votes
Blau Colonial Question Again
Save

Hi All

Can anyone confirm or deny the rumor from some posts that there is a ordor that comes from the canal. Also that there is horse droppings(political correct) all over the road in front of the ground floor rooms. Can you request specific rooms and floors fully understanding that they don't know what their vacancy rate would be this far in advance(March/07). Any help would be greatful.

Cheers

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: Blau Colonial Question Again
Save

Hola bererman

You off soon???

The horse droppings are probably from the horse carts.

The odour whch people think comes from the canal is (if sulfur) is from the power plant near Cardenas ... depending on which way the wind blows you may get this aroma once in a while.

The odour usually never makes it to the Varadero area but the odd time it does and people freak. The odd time there is the odour of sewage at some resorts ... this generally happens when is is very hot and/or very busy. (capacity issues)

Hope that helps

Mardi

Halifax,NS
Level Contributor
63 posts
2. Re: Blau Colonial Question Again
Save

Have been there several times. As far as getting a certain room good luck but no harm in requesting. The resort itself is very clean I have never smelled any type of oder. The only thing is a couple with me had ants in their room, complained room was sprayed and everything was great.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
156 reviews
118 helpful votes
3. Re: Blau Colonial Question Again
Save

Thanks Mardi. I've been on here for a couple of years now and I appreciate all your input. We hope to go Mar25 - Apr 8/07. My better half is reading to many reviews and is concerned about smell , where there rooms are located, etc. Me I'm looking for a good bar, relatively decent food, and nice beach. Been to Varadero twice, Holguin once so were tryin something new. Hope it works.

Cheers

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
27 helpful votes
4. Re: Blau Colonial Question Again
Save

hiya bergerman

Where is the Blau situated??/

I saw canal and I might be talking about the wrong one ... LOL

Give me a shout if you need some suggestions.

Been the last couple easters and probably will go after this up coming year.

Mardi

5. Re: Blau Colonial Question Again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 22, 2009