We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Cuba
Search

What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
11 posts
63 reviews
34 helpful votes
What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba
Save

Hi,

We are travelling to Cuba in January for 16 nights. Our itinerary is booked and we are staying in a mix or hotels & Casas all with breakfast included.

What should we budget for lunches, dinners & incidentals?

Thank you.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
111,388 posts
61 reviews
95 helpful votes
1. Re: What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba
Save

I would allow between 75 and 100 CUC's per day between the two of you.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
11 posts
63 reviews
34 helpful votes
2. Re: What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba
Save

Thanks for that Bellagio.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
24,712 posts
28 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba
Save

Costs in restaurants can vary depending on where you go - and also on what you drink.

ottawa
Level Contributor
3,973 posts
6 reviews
73 helpful votes
4. Re: What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba
Save

I agree with Bellagio. That should cover you off very nicely, especially if you have a good breakfast at your casa to start your day. As Beardo says, there is a wide variety of prices for restaurants and some very good restaurants at quite reasonable prices.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
5. Re: What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba
Save

I am only one person but I pick up about 2 to 3 extra people who are Cubans and we have an old car one drives that is 60 CUC plus beer and I like to drink the Dutch beer at 8.6 so we get at least 16 of those and eat roadside good quality barbecue where we can find. So everyone is well fed and drunk all day for about 160 aND that is with car.one of my friends is a high powered lawyer and so it makes for really interesting road checks. Never a bribe just a good old fashioned Cuban verbal beat down on the profiling cops. You have to se to believe!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
24 reviews
49 helpful votes
6. Re: What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba
Save

No. 5, if the driver is drinking, shame on him and on you.

Also, you're not just being taken for a literal ride, but a figurative one.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
7. Re: What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba
Save

I think not number 6, as my crew is very law abiding, a must for life in Cuba, maybe I assumed to much and thought you knew that drivers (pro) do not drink before or during their day, I am photographer and require to cover a lot of distance, so I choose to have company and fill up the car to a comfortable level, cooler,friends, and camera gear,

Cheers

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
24 reviews
49 helpful votes
8. Re: What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba
Save

The way you wrote your post made it sound like the driver *might* be drinking. Glad to hear that's not the case.

However, if I'm not mistaken open containers in the vehicle are also illegal even if it's rarely enforced. You might want to look into that before your next trip...

9. Re: What do I budget for a holiday in Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 27, 2016