We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Cuba
Search

New Sunwing Baggage Allowance

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
10,855 posts
6 reviews
65 helpful votes
New Sunwing Baggage Allowance
Save

So I just booked a Mar vacation for Kids & Grand Kids & was told as of Nov 1 Sunwing 1st bag will be 23 kg instead of 20 kg & a 2nd is allowed for a fee similar to WJ , however their carry on still sux !

LENNY

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
14 reviews
59 helpful votes
1. Re: New Sunwing Baggage Allowance
Save

Thanks for the info Lenny...That's why I never used Sunwing in the past..Because of their 20kg luggage allowance..Especially on a 2 week trip...Now I will reconsider them again...Their prices have also been higher than most even with my $50 vouchers

Edited: 12:46 pm, October 20, 2015
Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
458 posts
7 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: New Sunwing Baggage Allowance
Save

Thanks for the info Lenny.

I just took a look at the Sunwing page, no mention on this will affect Elite Plus allowances yet. Anybody want to make a prediction??

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
102 posts
12 reviews
8 helpful votes
3. Re: New Sunwing Baggage Allowance
Save

Prices maybe a bit higher but departure tax is now included...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
30 reviews
224 helpful votes
4. Re: New Sunwing Baggage Allowance
Save

Is that why the taxes went up from 280.00 to 380.00 now???????????????????

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
5. Re: New Sunwing Baggage Allowance
Save

I'm thinking the same as to why taxes on trip out of halifax are 200+ TO OVER 400.00

Ask why taxes are so unpredictable and part of the explanation are they are not all taxes but fees also.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,197 posts
1 review
17 helpful votes
6. Re: New Sunwing Baggage Allowance
Save

Combination of departure tax inclusion and dollar exchange has driven things up... but the deals are still out there... we just have to work harder to find them now.

Lenny, thanks for the heads-up. Cubana Aviacion is still the best deal if bringing the groceries for Cuban family... 23kg + 23kg + 10kg carry-on. ;)

Terry

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
30 reviews
224 helpful votes
7. Re: New Sunwing Baggage Allowance
Save

They went up by 100.00 in less than a month.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,197 posts
1 review
17 helpful votes
8. Re: New Sunwing Baggage Allowance
Save

Entering medium season now too...with high season beginning late December...supply and demand. ;)

Terry

9. Re: New Sunwing Baggage Allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 22, 2016