We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

We are traveling around Cuba in November for 3 weeks and want to book a few hotels (Jibacoa and Vinales) and the rest in casa particulars. What is the best way to book when your traveling in Cuba? Air BandB wont let us book in Canada.

travel is Jibacoa Havana Vinales Trinidad and anything in between.

note: is bus or taxi the best for town to town travel? share a taxi with other travelers?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8,416 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

Casas and hotels etc

www.cubaccommodation.com/contact_us.asp…

Hotels etc

http://www.cubatravelnetwork.com/

Best is taxi but maybe more expensive than bus

Vinales, Cuba
Level Contributor
32 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

Casa Particulares you can see http://www.cuba-junky.com/ with information about the casas or https://www.bandbcuba.com/

The taxi is the best way to travel for comfort, but it's more expensive than the bus,

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
21,109 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

I would have thought you would be better in casas in Vinales. The hotels have good views but are a bit isolated.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
4. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

Thought the pool might be nice if its humid. Open to suggestions. :)

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
5. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

Thank you for your reply. I was more worried about not having internet to contact the casa particular but I guess we will just take it as it comes and call when we land. :)

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

Beardo's suggestion in #3 about a casa rather than a hotel in Vinales is excellent. There are many many casas, all good, within 1-2 blocks of everything downtown. The hotels are out of town and require transportation to go to any restaurant, bar, club, or attraction.

So your choice is whether you want a swimming pool and nothing else or everything but a swimming pool.

There are so many casas in Vinales that it has to be impossible to fill them all at the same time. Absolutely no need to choose one by internet and make a reservation before you arrive and can actually check them out to see how they fit your particular needs.

Edited: 3:42 pm, August 04, 2015
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
7. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

Thank you Bob and Beardo for your feed back. We want to do more local things but also off the beaten path. We are doing Casas in Havana and Trinidad and anywhere in-between. Hotel in Jabacoa beach for first few nights we arrive. :)

Freetown, Sierra...
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

Recently back from Cuba. In my experience there is no great need to book casas before the trip, beyond the first one just after arrival. In each casa they asked me if I had place in the next town. If not, they could all recommend somewhere where I could live, made a call and the new casa owner met me at the bus stop. Of course the transaction is not gratis, I believe that it adds 5 CUC to your bill - if you arrange your casa yourself, you could save that princely sum. Also not faultless, in one case I was sent to house that was below standard. But it is a functioning system, and you can always walk out if the place is obviously no good, there seem to be plenty other available casas particulares everywhere you go, even in high season.

9. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:06 am, August 06, 2015
10. Re: Booking Hotels and Casa in Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:06 am, August 06, 2015