We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
23 reviews
54 helpful votes
1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

Hi there,

Myself and a friend (both early 30's) are going to Cuba in less than 2 weeks, we are flying in to Havana and have no other certain plans for the next 11 nights.

Our first thoughts were Havana for the first night, then bus to Varadero for 6 or 7 nights then back to Havana for the remainder.

Does anyone have any other thoughts - we are looking forward to relaxing for about a week in Varadero.

and we were looking for hotels/hostels/any other acommodation that is comfortable, clean, in a good location (near bars) and on a lower budget.

Also, we do not both worship the sun (if the weather was good enough) can you suggest some good things to do during the day.

Can some one help plesae urgently

Thanks

M

The Great White...
Level Contributor
998 posts
38 reviews
198 helpful votes
1. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

Check out Hotel Pullman in Varadero.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
60 helpful votes
2. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

My suggestion to you would be to contact Jorgeguide, he is Cuban and speaks excellent English and has a wonderful sense of humour. Jorges business is in the Tourism Industry, Jorge would be able to make various recommendations to you as to accommodations, plus if you tell him a little about your interests or ideas on what you would like to do in Havana etc he would be able to help you plan your stay both in Havana and Varadero and possibly make other suggestions that you probably hadn't thought of.

Jorge is a very trusted man and his services have been used by many on this forum and comes very highly reccomended.

Jorge will be able to arrange your chosen accommodation for you and arrange transport etc; as well as being able to provide you with a good guided service around Havana if you fancy that option.

I will try and find a former post for you in which other forum members share their experiences with Jorge.

You can email Jorge at:- jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es if you wish.

I am sure Jorge would be happy to help ...... Good Luck

Québec, Canada
Level Contributor
435 posts
1 review
3. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

I was also going to suggest Hotel Pullman.......bed and breakfast for about $50.00 cuc per day for 2 people......if you want I can get you in touch with someone in Havana can can book this plac efor you....

Everytime, I am in Cuba, I always go to Pullman for a couple of days...loulou

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
60 helpful votes
4. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

Hi. Here is the link for you to browse through:-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147270-i91-k77525…

Dorset UK
Level Contributor
326 posts
5. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

hi i agree with loonylou jorge is brilliant he has helped me with car hire and a place to stay in havana

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
8 reviews
28 helpful votes
6. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

If I were going to spend 11 nights in Cuba landing in Havana, I would do something like:

AR Hav 3 nights- Vinales 2- Varadero 4- Hav 2- DP. That’s in case Varadero is a must.

But if you: “Also, we do not both worship the sun” why not going instead to Trinidad for those 4 relaxing nights where plenty of day amenities will be waiting for you plus wonderful night life with locals and travelers together?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
60 helpful votes
7. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

Hey ScrewLoose,

With a name like yours and a name like mine (LoonyLou) what does that tell folk about us Dorset people ...lol...lol.. ;0)

London
Level Contributor
223 posts
23 reviews
54 helpful votes
8. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

Thank you very much for all of your help so far... it really is appreciated and this site is unbelievable - I love it!

Dorset UK
Level Contributor
326 posts
9. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

hi loonylou I thought of your handle when I chose mine.

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
10. Re: 1st Time to Cuba - Help needed

Hi recently stayed in Havana for a week found some very reasonable accomodation, if you would like info e-mail me mikemaco@msn.com