We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Havana Guide - Salsa Dance Teachers - Casa Particular?

Potters Bar, Herts
Level Contributor
18 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Need Havana Guide - Salsa Dance Teachers - Casa Particular?

Following recommendations on this forum, we contacted Jorge by e-mail (jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es) before we went to Havana. He was fabulously helpful, responding to my many enquiries and making suggestions and recommendations to suit our plans. We stayed in Havana for 6 nights at a Casa Particular recommended by Jorge. The casa was clean, safe and well located - the host, Emilio, was charming and helpful. We ate out 3 nights but 3 nights we ate at Emilio's as the food was so much better than the restaurants, and we never managed to eat everything! We also had 5 days of Salsa classes, 2 hours per day, with Natasha & Gilberto - again recommended by Jorge- and they were fabulous! we both have left feet, and they were so patient and funny - it was a great experience (and we can nearly dance now!). We also had a local guide, again, recommended by Jorge, who was very open and showed us the sites on our walking tour - if there is anythng you need for your Havana trip- Jorge is a great contact.

Even though Jorge was not available to lead our tour, he met us at the Casa when we first arrived, and he was there to see us off on our last day and to check that everything had been satisfactory for us. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

Carol & Gary - in Havana 24th September - 30th September 2006

Plymouth, UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Havana Guide - Salsa Dance Teachers - Casa Particular?

So glad you had fun. My husband and I are meeting Jorge for our trip in 10 days, he has been great in arranging things for us. He has sorted a Casa for us, arranged tickets for shows, sorted transport and a tour. We are so looking forward to our trip and meeting him.

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Havana Guide - Salsa Dance Teachers - Casa Particular?

It is always rewarding to see a friend mentioned. Thanks Carol & Gary, I will let him know you have posted such a nice thread so he tells the rest of your new friends in Havana.

3. Re: Need Havana Guide - Salsa Dance Teachers - Casa Particular?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:24 pm, August 25, 2009