We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best cigars

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
best cigars

I'm wondering which Cuban cigars are the most popular with cigar lovers. I am wanting to buy from a specialty shop here in Canada to send to US friends for Christmas and don't have a clue.

Any hints on brands would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.........................

Leicester
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best cigars

Hiya blondie091, I am very interested in your question and would love to know the answer. I am on holiday in Cuba in 3 weeks, and several people have asked me to bring Cigars back. I wouldn't know where to start.

St.Jerome, Quebec
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: best cigars

Have a look at this website:

http://marty.514crew.com/cigarprices.html

It will give you an idea of more popular brands (highlighted) and their price in Cuba. For anyone who wants to buy cigars in Canada, the price would be MUCH greater.

Some people who ask you to bring back cigars for them seem to think they cost next to nothing in Cuba. Show them the list of prices and have them pay up front if they are still interested. I'm sure they will be very surprised.

P.S. I don't know if these prices are up to date but they should give you a good idea.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best cigars

Yes LindaBT"

I did bring some back this past February from Cuba. If I remember correctly--about $ 25 bucks.

I am sure they will cost double that here in Canada. Maybe more. I'm seeing that cigar shops in Halifax don't list prices on their websites. Red flag--Red flag..

Thanks for the list.

Level Contributor
388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: best cigars

The prices posted are in par for last year. I have NO idea if they go up this year. For you friends let them know that the #2 cigar in the world is the Montecristo Edmundo and it was $177.50CUC for a box 25. Thats a great price because they sell $30+ per cigar here in Ottawa.

Cuaba Solamone is also a great huge cigar. It goes for about $16cuc each!

5. Re: best cigars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, August 18, 2009