We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

We recently visited Cuba and were really impressed with the services of a personal guide in Havana. His name is Jorge and he can be contacted at jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es.

Jorge has perfect english and showed us so many things in the city that we would have not have seen on our own. He is very generous with his time and all his recommendations for restaurants, etc were really good. He also has a great sense of humour. I would highly recommend him!

Plymouth, UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

Hi thanks for the info we are off next month for 2 weeks at Jibacoa and want to go to Havana by day and then again for an evening and to the Tropicana Club. What sort of money did you pay him and would he collect us from our hotel which is about 3/4 of an hour away from Havana.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

Chatycathy, Confused has given you Jorge's email address, if you contact him and tell him what you want to do + any other ideas you may have he will give you a quote and advise you of anything he thinks might be of use or interesting to you...... maybe ideas you have not thought about.... he doesn't bite ~ Honest !!!!!!!

Jorge is a lovely man you couldn't make a better choice really!!

Good Luck

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
51 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

HI,

Mail Jorge yourself and he will talk to you about finances! All I will say is he is worth it!

I would not recommend the Tropicana - I adored Cuba but hated it. It was a dull show and was totally over priced and 'touristy'. You would be better off saving your money and taking Jorge's recommendations!

Have a wonderful trip - I'm very jealous!

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

Thanks ConfusedI…on behalf of one of my friends.

I will let him know during the next days.

Plymouth, UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

Thanks Lou and Confused e.mailing Jorge now!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,832 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

that's wonderful to know thanks confusedirish - my husband and i are going in December and want to visit Havana and i think Jorges will be the way to go. Thanks again!

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

I to recenly returned from cuba although i never personaly met Jorge we did speak on the phone a few times we just never conected when i was in Havana he was in varadaro, but he did set me up with one of his associates, she was a really nice lady who took us on a walking tour, she was very informative, you could walk around and look at things and not know what you are looking at , she spoke excellent english, and her memory of dates was amazing. Highly recomend contacting Jorge, I also on my own found a nice cassa paticular, very nice lady if you would like information on this cassa e-mail me at mikemaco@msn.com

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

Hi, thank you for posting Jorge's email address.. I emailed him and received a reply back the same day. I explained to him what we wanted to see etc and he emailed back an itinerary which was just excellent... I believe that the bus tours are quite expensive and considering this will include an overnight stay in a casa I thought that he was quite reasonable. I am curious if you thought the same. Are the any places that would be of more interest to go to in the evening other then the Tropicana Show that you could suggest.

Thanks kindly.. Citygirl2010

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

CityGirl:

There are a lot of options for you to enjoy night life in Havana. I think a good suggestion will depend on a number of factors. If you see my picture, for example, I am sure you will agree that for me there is no better Club than my bedroom with my pillow after 10.00 PM…lol…

Hey, ask my good friend as well. I am sure he will help you pick a spot. He knows almost all the little “corners” of our Great City.

Enjoy your trip.

Porto, Portugal
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Are You Looking for a Guide in Havana??

ConfusedIrish

I new about Jorge by an post here from voyhavana (to whom I thank the advice). I agree with you 120%.

I meet him and arranged with him some services. He was always available (the dates we arranged) and always at the arranged hours.

Give me some good and prudent advices and always very friendly.

I recomend to all who don't know Havana (he can also be very usefful in other places) to contact him and, at least, hear his oppinions because they are always correct.

It was really a pleasure to meet him and his lovely wife.