We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Visa

How long before your holiday can you apply for the visa/tourist card? Will it be dated from when they send it or from the date you fly? Not going until April but like to be organised!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,630 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

The first question to ask is how are you travelling to Cuba? In most cases the Tourist Card is supplied... are you sure you need to acquire one independently?...

Cheers,

Terry

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

It's not a visa, it's a tourist card. It's not date, you can get it when ever you want. But from the UK, unless you travel with Virgin, it will be provided to you and you will receive it by mail.

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

We are flying with Virgin so I do need to aquire one independently. I assume then that it is't dated until you arrive inCuba.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

You write the date yourself, and then it's stamp when you enter Cuba to confirm the date of entree.

England
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

Thanks for your help.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,879 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

Check out my Inside Page on Tourist Card/Visa at this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g147270-c104245/Cub…

7. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, January 31, 2015