We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do they check travel insurance proof now ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Do they check travel insurance proof now ?

I've got a free worldwide one linked to Sainsbury's Gold Credit card, but they refuse to send any letter confirming that it. All I have is the credit card itself and a general travel policy booklet where my name is not mentioned ..

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Do they check travel insurance proof now ?

We are with the Nat West Black card account and I have just received a letter from them to say we are both covered in Cuba. As always. They have sent it by e mail and I will receive it by post next week. Its always best to have it, so you can show if it is requested.

Edited: 12:43 pm, March 22, 2013
Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,582 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Do they check travel insurance proof now ?

Post 4.

A NHS card means nothing.

The OP has insurance so why say the NHS card will cover?

hfx
Level Contributor
5,221 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Do they check travel insurance proof now ?

If I had travel insurance , and the provider refused to provide confirmation of that, I'd give them a few days to reconsider and then I'd look elsewhere; there lots of fish in the sea. My provider sent very comprehensive info. If I'm the customer, then they need to provide the service; or no TIP for them, someone else gets the nylons. :-)

ps the NHS card will get you into Cuba, just not much good for getting out if there are medical problems that arise.

Edited: 1:26 pm, March 22, 2013
Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,582 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Do they check travel insurance proof now ?

Don't tell people to take a NHS card.

It is totally worthless use out side the UK.

15. Re: Do they check travel insurance proof now ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 24, 2014