We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

R most pools not heated?

kirkland lake
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
R most pools not heated?

In reading some comments, i noticed that at a couple of resorts, the pools are not heated. Is it like this at all the resorts and do i need to let my travel agent know that i want a resort with a heated pool?

You people in here are great with all your comments and advise. We are 1st time travellers and we have learned so much from all of you! Thank you...your input is greatly appreciated!!

Nancy

Old Havana
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
El Malecon
Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: R most pools not heated?

hi just to let you know the pools at playa coco hotel cayo coco are not heated and they are cold hope this is of some help

paul

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: R most pools not heated?

I have been to El Senador, Maritim Varadero and RIU Turquesa, the pools are not heated. I windsurf and scuba dive in Ottawa up to October , but I find the pools cold. If the sun is out and it is 27C and up the pools are ok.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: R most pools not heated?

Haven't found a heated pool yet!! (Gran Club Santa Lucia, Club Amigo Caracol, Maritim Costa Verde)We usually have it all to ourselves as a result. From Dec-Feb I would judge they are about 75 degrees F., pretty brisk, but nice for a cool off after you've been baking! Going again in April, wonder if they'll be much warmer then!

kirkland lake
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: R most pools not heated?

Thanks so much for info! I am keeping a list from what everyone is telling me. A swim up bar was a priority for us but they don't sound like much fun anymore if the water is too cold!

We are heading "somewhere" in Cuba March 19th-26th. Travel Agent is waiting for a good deal to book our vacation spot. There are soooo many choices!

Nancy

London ON.
Level Contributor
311 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: R most pools not heated?

Kirkland lake...... you should be used to cooler water, If you swim in the Great Lakes then the cuban resort pools even unheated will be fine.

The cubans don't have the access to pool chemicals like we do so the pools are usually semi drained at night and filled with cold water hence they never seem to warm up.

Even if your travel agent finds a resort with a heated pool that doesn't mean that the heater works.

kirkland lake
Level Contributor
177 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: R most pools not heated?

Yes...the water is cold in Kirkland Lake...hence the trip to Cuba to get away from the cold stuff! Rumor has it that the ocean is warmer down there than the pools! Perhaps enough drinks and I won't even notice the pool temp.!!

Thanks!

Nancy

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
110 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: R most pools not heated?

The pools are heated....lol SOLAR HEATED!!!!!

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: R most pools not heated?

Hiya

The pools are cold and boring where as the ocean is warm and invigorating.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
110 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: R most pools not heated?

Ocean always way more fun! How is it for body surfing???

Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: R most pools not heated?

Hiya

Some places have boogie boards but, if the surf gets up then the red flags come out. Sat and watched a guy windsurfing one day and I'm talking wind. He was a local and doing all kinds of tricks and stunts. Quite entertaining.

Love the salt water