We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Americans traveling to cuba

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Americans traveling to cuba

I want to go to Cuba and I understand you can go only on a guided tour. Has anyone heard of Viaja Por Cuba or have been on their tour? They say they can get us our vouchers and visas and we would have to go to Cancun or Bahamas and then fly to Havana. Does anyone know if they are legal? BTW I'm American.

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
408 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Americans traveling to cuba

I could be way off base and will happily stand corrected if I am, but the fact that they are saying you will fly out of Cancun or Bahamas, or even here in Canada tells me they are skirting the legalities of US citizen traveling to Cuba.

Have a look here.. …state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1097.html

Do a search on here as well as I believe others have discussed legal ways for US citizens to travel to Cuba and some have used different agencies.

P.S....I just found this thread for you as I had a reply for you.... tripadvisor.ca/…42317223

Edited: 7:20 pm, August 27, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Americans traveling to cuba

Thanks for that info. I wil check it out. I have tried Insights but they are so expensive. They wanta about $3000 for 1 week. I'm trying to find something more reasonable.

Muskoka Lakes...
Level Contributor
408 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Americans traveling to cuba

Here`s another thread that might help... tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147271-i387-k52095…

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Americans traveling to cuba

Read my Reply #2 in the last link that Geoff gave you, then come back with any further questions.

Good luck with your research.

Cheers,

Terry

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
171 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Americans traveling to cuba

Is there anyone out there who has actually done it?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Americans traveling to cuba

Lots of people have done it. Read my Reply #2 in the last link that Geoff gave you.

Cheers,

Terry

7. Re: Americans traveling to cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 16, 2013