We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
42 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

This isn't a question as much of a post just to reiterate everything I read here when planning my trip. For an American coming to Cuba, it's not an easy place to plan for as there isn't a lot of resources out there and you have to take a leap of faith.. Turned to Jorge for assistance, and he was helpful, responsive, and delivered on everything as advertised. I just returned from Cuba with my wife and we did private walking tour of Old Havana, followed by a private car tour of the city with Elena. The next day we did a all day private tour to Vinales with Nelson.. We NEVER do tours when we travel, but thought that in Cuba it might be worth a shot.. Both guides were knowledgeable, spoke great English, had a great sense of humor, and took us to places we wouldn't have found otherwise, which is what we wanted.. I can't recommend using him enough.. Don't hesitate, he'll set everything up for you, and taking his tours provides a great way to learn about the people and the country..

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

Nice to see you had an excellent experience here in Havana!

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

I totally agree with Jorge being the best guide in Cuba. just returned also from Cuba w my wife and Jorge made trip seamless. we were having quite hard time setting up on our own, I was then referred to Jorge from another person who had shining review of Jorge and his trip planning ability. the trip he put together fro us was fantastic from time we were picked up from airport till we were dropped back off at airport to come home.

he had all details worked out.

No other way to go as far as I am concerned.

http://www.jorge-cubaholidays.com/

Solvang, California
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

I've worked with Jorge twice now.. I just got back last week from another amazing trip to Cuba and Jorge planned it all for use 5.. It was amazing to just arrive and have everything all taken care of.. From shuttle services, to restaurant reservations every night to planned tours.

I'm not a very tourist-y type of guy, but having having jorge pair us up with the best tour guides really was an amazing adventure..

I've already recommended Jorge to my friends, I will continue to and I plan on going back next year.. yes, I love it and him that much!

jose villa

Lindsay, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

I agree, 6 of us just got back from Cuba, and like the rest of you's i read about Jorge on these forums. We pre-booked with him prior to leaving Canada. He Custom tailored the tour to our wishes. Eric our guide was knowledgeable and looked after our needs. Pick up at our resort was on time and flawless, our driver (and i apologize for not remembering his name) went out of his way to make the ride enjoyable including stopping on the way home at a scenic place for us to take pictures. If you want a great tour in Cuba drop Jorge a line. he can be reached at jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es it is a way better option than getting on a large bus full of people.

Thanks again Jorge

Brian McCuaig

Herne Bay, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

Just returned from a fabulous time in Havana made even better with the help of Jorge and his tour guides and drivers. Don't be put off by arrangeing trips direct with Jorge all went very smoothly and professionally.

Peter & Heather UK

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

Jorge provided excellent tourism services to us when we planned a recent trip to Havana. He arranged for excellent and knowledgable guides, activities and booked the exact hotel room we wanted. All communication was clear and we were able to book with confidence and pay online with no hassles. I will definately recommend him to other travellers, and hope to use his services for future travel to Cuba!

Thanks again Jorge! You run an excellent service!

canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

How much of a discount does Jorge give you for all the free publicity?

Js

denver
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

Thanks to TripAdvisor and these Cuba Travel threads, I found Jorge to help me with my trip. He was VERY prompt and VERY responsive to my requests well before the trip. As a result, we had ground transportation waiting for us when we arrived, a well thought out architectural tour through Vedado and Miramar, and ground transportation back to the airport. It was perfect. As for the architectural tour, Regis, our guide, was more professional than anyone I could have hoped for here in the U.S.! Both he and our driver, Alfonso were incredible. I plan to go back and use Jorge's services when I return. As for a discount for all this free advertising...

He shouldn't do it. His prices are very fair and with the service and professionalism that you get, it's worth every CUC!

toronto
Level Contributor
787 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

the thread with the most first time posters.....lol

Bear River, Canada
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jorge - Best Guide in Cuba

Do you get a discount the next time you use him or is this your way of giving him a gift/tip for good service.