We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cuban Adventures Tours

perth
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cuban Adventures Tours

Has anyone used this company and can I please have any feedback. Their website looks great and just what I am looking for - a grassroots, well informed but comfortable tour. Are there any alternative tour companies that you can recommend?

Thanks

179 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
161. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

We didn't have a good experience trying to book through them. They were very friendly on email, but it took lots of delayed back-and-forth emails to try to get an itinerary together. They made a vague itinerary with no details listed (how many rooms would we get at the all-inclusive beach resort, for example. Could they guarantee a non-smoking room?). So when they asked for a down payment, I really insisted on those details first. I asked them to call me instead of email (we're in the same time zone) but they didn't do that and instead emailed me again, without the details. We decided to quit working with them and wound up booking our hotel and homestays directly (airbnb). They must have been having an off-week or two or something. Sorry to say it was not more positive. Of note, we had friends who had a great experience with them. They may be worth a try, with so many positive reviews.

lerum
Level Contributor
2 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
162. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

We had a great holiday arranged by Cuban Adventures, with a fantastically knowledgeable and helpful guide (pretty too). She fixed an open rehearsal with a dance Company in Carmaguey, and an alternative flight from Santiago to Havana, when our Baracoa flight was cancelled at the last moment. However we didn't book directly with them, but through an Australian Company.

Mentioned in this post
Rosario, Argentina
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
163. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

Excelente atención, muy recomendable

Nos ayudaron armar nuestro viaje...La gargola es un lugar espectacular para hospedarse

Sin duda si vas a Cuba contratar con ellos

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
santa cruz...
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
164. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

Hi Lisa D #161, I just saw your post. I'm wondering if you might have been in contact with a company other than Cuban Adventures? The reason I'm thinking this, is because the tours they lead don't stay at all inclusive resorts. When I recommend this company I always say be sure you're looking at CubaN Adventures because there are similarly named companies.

How considerate you are to say "they may be worth a try", because of so many great reviews. I hope you had a great trip!!

North Vancouver...
1 post
Save Reply
165. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

Can you tell me exactly what tour group you went wth? (the web address would be great). There are several that have names similar to "Cuban Adventure Tours"

santa cruz...
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
166. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

Darceygl #165 Hi, I'm a U.S. citizen, and at the time, I was looking for a People to People tour. Check their faq s - the first question is about "non US citizens". Here's the link to the company I went with. We went on the 9 day "This Cuban Life" tour.

http://www.cubanadventuresusa.com

San Rafael...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
167. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

Cuban Adventures was simply the BEST TOUR EVER!!

The guides were all excellent- our bus driver was even a dream!

We really got to meet the locals- including the guide's family!

The food was great and plentiful- embarrassingly so bc the people need more.

the Casas Particulares were lovely and really run by ordinary people who wanted to meet and help out tourists.

Take little gifts bc the people have very little- I even took clothing I didn't care about taking home and left it all there- went w/ 58#, came home w/ 40#! (mostly shoes & some souvenirs)

go with CUBAN ADVENTURES- you won't be sorry!

San Rafael...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
168. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

CUBAN ADVENTURES doesn't book all-inclusive beach stays for US Citizens, so it must have been another company that you got confused w/ them- or you didn't know you were on a non-US citizen part of website.

We found everything extremely clear and easy to understand.

good luck

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
169. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

Wow, this really IS confusing. I contacted Cuban Adventures Tours and spoke with Manny about helping us organize a customized tour. Are you saying that both of these websites are for the same company? Which one was I in touch with? I believe I reached out through this site: cubatraveladventuresgroup.com.

Is this who you and others are recommending? Would appreciate clarification :)

thanks.

santa cruz...
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
170. Re: Cuban Adventures Tours

@169............cubanadventuresusa.com, is the company I've recommended. And I've written many, many times do not omit the N from cubaN, I just checked this website (as written above) and they have updated info as of 11/8/17.

so.......in your post you say you contacted:cubatraveladventuresgroup.com. you see there is no N - and other differences. I just looked at that website and it is very, very flashy, not at all like Cuban Adventures, which is very informative.

I wish we had the capability to use bold type here. cubanadventuresusa.com that's cubaN. I'm not shouting, I'm just trying to make clear it's cubaNadventuresusa.com.

I've been off this list for months. I just got curious about what the latest chats are about and saw this. It's been two years and I still recommend our tour group as excellent....5 stars out of 5..

Reply to: Cuban Adventures Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted