We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best guide in Cuba!

NYC
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
9 helpful votes
Best guide in Cuba!

Want all of you readers to know that I just completed a 12 day trip to Cuba with my husband and teenage son. Please be aware that this is a very complimentary review of both the island of Cuba, the people and Jorge our guide. Some reviewers seem to delight in nitpicking their trips. I'm not that way. This trip was wonderful and any minor details which may have not been perfect were surely irrelevant.

WE used Jorge, the famous Cuban guide that we found here on Tripadvisor. I communicated with Jorge online for months before making the trip. As many of you have mentioned before, he is the BEST guide anywhere- complete, thorough, resposive, fair, accomodating and SMART. You will not find a better guide to show you Cuba!!

WE stayed at the Parque Central in Havana, Casa Lydia in Vinales, and Iberostar Varadero in Varadero. Also had one night at the Hotel Nacional in Havana. All of these properties were exactly as expected and the five star ones were REALLY five star. We ate in private restaurants and loved them. Everything was arranged by Jorge. He will give you the info.

Hope you all read this and get to enjoy the amazing Cuban experience we did. It could not have been done without the expertise of Jorge. jorgeguide2004@gmail.com

West, Mississippi
Level Contributor
192 posts
1. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

Hi, great news! Thanks for your report. Would love to hear more on what you saw/did if you have time. We are also in contact with Jorge for our trip this summer.

NYC
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
9 helpful votes
2. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

Jorge has all the details of where we went and what we did. Best to work with him directly- I would rather not be too specific on this website

West, Mississippi
Level Contributor
192 posts
3. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

Thank you. I really was not asking for any personal details. I have already contacted Jorge for assistance with our vist and await his reply.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
163 reviews
227 helpful votes
4. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

Glad to hear everything worked out with Jorge!

NYC
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

Be sure to eat in the paladar (private) restaurants in Havana. They were great!

West, Mississippi
Level Contributor
192 posts
6. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

Paladores are definitely on our list, thanks.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
7 helpful votes
7. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

Hi.

I would just like to agree to this post. I just come back from Cuba. I used Jorge services on tuesday 10/1 2012 in Havanna. Our guide's name was Dania, very professional and knowledgable.

If you want to save time, money and frustration - use Jorge's services.

Regards

Anders

London, United...
6 posts
1 review
6 helpful votes
8. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

For a good selection of casas particulares here's a useful website. Feels and works very professionally compared to the rest!

www.cubacasa.co.uk

Winkler, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
12 helpful votes
9. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

Is Jorge services available for Holguin area as well?? We are looking for a local guide in Feb.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
5 helpful votes
10. Re: Best guide in Cuba!

We just returned from a week in Varadero. A friend had recommended Jorge's services and it was reassuring to have been able to make arrangements by e-mail ahead of time. We were very pleased with Jorge's services, although we did not have the pleasure of meeting him. Daniel, our driver, picked us up on time, and it was great to have a non-stop trip to Havana for the day. Elena was our guide for the day, and we found her to be most knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. She spent some time with us when we first met her to find out what we were interested in seeing. She provided a taste of "real" life in Havana, and led us to a private restaurant for lunch - an experience we would not have had without her. Elena was open to our many questions about life in Cuba, and she found just the right balance of places to see that pleased both my husband and me. We would highly recommend Jorge's service, as it was a great time saver and money well spent.