We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito Milk

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquito Milk

I have just read a lot of very good reviews on this product and am wondering if anyone here has ever used it and what your opinions are.

As well as being a mosquito repellant It says it works on a host of other biting insects including Sand Flies....anybody have any experience of using it in the battle against the dreaded sand fly?

Quote from the product:- "Mosquito Milk is effective against all biting insects including mosquitoes, biting flies, deer flies, ticks, black flies, sand flies and Scottish Midge. The insect repellent is highly effective and pleasant smelling, offering up to 8 hours protection a day".

Without being disrespectful or offensive to anyone; I am only interested in learning about peoples experiences with this particular product, Im not after hearing what has and hasnt worked for others - I have tried and tested almost every product on the market but this one is new to me and captured my interest because it has many glowing reviews.

Thanks a lot; Lou.

Sedbergh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Mosquito Milk

HI, yes have used this for several years, it's the only product which has worked for me and have recommended it to friends who swear by it too. As with all products it's not fulproof and the odd sneaky mosquito slips through, but the Mosquito Milk balm is brilliant too and if I use it immediately prevents the nasty reaction which I tend to have to bites.

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Mosquito Milk

I have just bought this product and the milk balm incase I get bit, it was £7.99 for both on chemist direct which I though was quite a good price!

Cephalonia, Greece
Level Contributor
14 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Mosquito Milk

If the product you are referring to is the Mosquito milk which is endorsed by the London School of Hygiene and tropical medicine - Yes it works very well indeed. I had tried everything prior to purchasing this for the first time about 15 years ago. Expensive but very effective .

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Mosquito Milk

I have used the roll on Mosquito Milk for a couple of years since a friend recommended it to me. I was skeptical at first as I've tried most things in the past and very little actually works, however, using a combination of Avon's "Skin So Soft Original Dry Oil Body Spray" and the Mosquito Milk seems to work wonders for me! If something can help stop me getting bitten it must be a miracle! (No one else seems to get bitten when I'm around as they always go for me!).

Although this is probably a bit controversial, I find the level of DEET in a product irrelevant. Having tried various tropical strength (50% DEET) products, and "Bens 100 Insect Repellent Spray" with 95% DEET and still getting bitten to pieces Mosquito Milk is now the only thing I rely on. If I do get the odd bite, I take a Piriteze once a day to reduce the swelling and ease the itching. (Just to add, this is always in normal holiday locations; Greece, Florida, Cancun, I've never been in the middle of a jungle or on safari!). I figure that over the years, the insects must have built an immunity to all our products that are meant to repel them!

I went into Boots today to try to order some more Mosquito Milk but they said it was out of stock. I'm glad I stumbled across this post for suggestions of where else to buy it as I was panicking what I'd do!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Mosquito Milk

Just read your post on mosquito milk. Can you give the uk company your ordered it from to me. I cannot find it anywhere here in Canada

Thanks so much...

Edited: 12:10 pm, September 15, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Mosquito Milk

Laura.....What company did you use to order, I would like to order some as well....I am in Canada as well

thanks so much.........

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,147 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Mosquito Milk

amazon.com/Mosquito-Milk-Insect-Roll-Repelle…

Northwich, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: Mosquito Milk

Been using this for many years and it is great and works very well. Problem is getting it! Everey where I try this year seems to be out of stock. If anyone knows where I can get some I would be graeful

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Mosquito Milk

I ordered mine from www.chemistdirect.co.uk but that was a good 6/8 month's ago so I don't know if they still have any left.

Northwich, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
50. Re: Mosquito Milk

Thanks for that but they seem to be out of stock now along with everyone else. But I will keeo looking .Thanks again