We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jorge - Cuban guide

Scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Jorge - Cuban guide

If anyone is going to Cuba who wants to see different areasof this lovely Country, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Jorge. We contacted him before we left and gave him ideas of what we wanted to do and see. He was very prompt with itinary, we tweaked it a bit which he did no problems. Totally tailor made trips to our requirements with no hassles. He arranged everything from hiring a car, booking hotels, booking lovely restaurant as well as being our driver/guide for 3 days, best 3 days of our holidays. If anyone wants a personalised tour, doubt if you could get a better guide/price for such an amazing professional and informative time. We went to Havana for overnight in Parque Central, onto Las Tarrazas and Vinales - just amazing. If anyone wishes to contact him his email address is jorgeguide2004@gmail.com, you wont be disappointed. Just thought I would post this as I got his link from someone and after having his services I feel I need to pass the word to you all as that days were the highlight of our fantastic holiday in Cuba.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jorge - Cuban guide

Again positive feedback on Jorge, he must be the only thing thats consistently good in Cuba...lol..

(sorry didnt mean to refer to Jorge as a thing!!).

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jorge - Cuban guide

IMHO each TA member has their own opinion of Jorge. Since we didn't have the good luck that you apparantly had, I wont comment on my thoughts here...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,738 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jorge - Cuban guide

There are many on-the-ball, first rate guides in Cuba (and for that matter almost any destination) who adhere to high professional standards. For anyone who wants to escape the cattle car experience of a tour bus the services/advice that these guys (and ladies) offer is great bang-for-the-buck, especially for a first time independent visitor or for someone who wants to get off the resort for the first time.

All guides (of course) have their own strengths/weaknesses. Some are based only in one geographic area, some are excellent for tourist needs but don't service business travellers so well, some are government employees while others are 100% independent, some have internet access and others do not, etc.

For anyone who doesn't speak Spanish and/or is a bit intimidated by independent travel a decent guide is (in my opinion) the best investment they can make (after a guide book, of course) even if they only utilize the guide services for the first day or two until they get a bit acclimatized to Cuba.

Cheers,

Terry

Scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jorge - Cuban guide

We could not fault Jorge in any way whatsoever, his English and knowledge was brilliant, we were so impressed with his services from start to finish. His expertise shone through, cannot speak highly enough of him. Such a lovely,caring and genuine chap. First class service, some Brits could take a few leaves out of his book.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
719 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jorge - Cuban guide

Jorge, took our family to a ball game, and did what ever else we asked. He was a great guide thru the day before the game, and took extra care to make sure our young daughter was safe behind the netting at the ball game. (this is reserved for locals only).

Thoroughly recommend spending the day with him!

6. Re: Jorge - Cuban guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, April 24, 2011