We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i need an update on hotel playa coco, if anybody been...

Level Contributor
236 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
i need an update on hotel playa coco, if anybody been...

hi guys i've been to cayo coco but not this hotel. i would be grateful on any recent updates

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: i need an update on hotel playa coco, if anybody been...

Hi there

We had to change out of the DR as we are taking kids, adults late 50's this year so we need the $value as we had a great deal in Punta Cana. I jsut didn't want to have to deal with anything to do with Malaria.

I got a great reply a few weeks ago from a couple who actually live in my town who had been there and they loved Playa coco.

They sent great pics of the beach, the bar and snorkelling right off the beach and they did say a few nibbles but not any worse than a May day here in ontario for mossies!

The food was fantastic they said and very well prepared for cuba and very fresh, not stale buffet day after day.

Bring big chilly cups as Cuba must have cornered the market on the 4oz plastics. We also bring the coffee trays from timmys as that way if we don't want to bring the cups everywhere we do a 5 drink run at a time!

The only thing I can tell you is we stayed at a sister hotel in Holguin last year Playa Pesquero and we loved it.

The people, drinks, food, everything rocked so we are hoping for the same type of service this time.

If not a few bucks changes many a disappointment in Cuba haha just like everywhere.

I will post when I get back but all I can say as long as the weather is good you get what you put into a vacation and if its out of the cold and snow count me in.

Momma