We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

My sister wants to look at going to Cuba with her family of 6 in January, but wants a direct flight.

Can anyone tell me what Cuban Destinations there are direct flights to from Edmonton/Calgary in January?

Wheels

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,279 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

Check out www.selloffvacations.com and you will find direct flights to Varadero, Holguin, Cayo Coco. Or, try any of the on-line places, such as red tag, itravel200. etc. Lots of flights - almost every day, from Edmonton and/or Calgary.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

Direct flights from Calgary will take you into Varadero ONLY. No direct flights anywhere else at this time. Flights in the past have gone into Holguin but that was 2 years ago. Anywhere else in Cuba you want to go, you must travel through Toronto or Montreal. Go figure

Cheers

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

Bergerman, I'm surprised that you do not know that Air Transat is flying from Calgary to Santa Clara from December 24 to mid April 2009. I know this because I am planning to return to Cayo Santa Maria from Vancouver and the scheduled route is Santa Clara via Calgary.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

Looks like Skyservice is also flying from Calgary to Holguin (direct)in January (and later I presume). Check with Signature Vacations.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

rricher

I did see that but take a closer look and you'll see that the flight is into Toronto, change plains and onward to Santa Clara. As for Holguin I was unaware that they were flying direct from Calgary. Thats really good news.

Cheers

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,004 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

Bergerman,

Am I missing something, or what? I copied this from the Air Transat site, and wouldn't they mention a different in-transit destination and quote a different flight number if you had to change planes?

I will not be so interested in flying from Vancouver if I have to go through Toronto and change planes.

Departure

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

from calgary (Calgary International) at 9:55 AM

To santa clara (Santa Clara Arpt) at 5:55 PM, Wednesday, December 31, 2008

air transat Flight TS 306

Economy Class

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

I am at fault. I was under the impression Transat vacation were NOT flying direct to Santa Clara from Calgary after Feb this year. There are a few on the discount websites but the AirCanada still takes you through Toronto. I'm in shock. We'll also see if they continue. Remeber what happened to us 2 years ago with the same airline. As for Holguin that is super.

Cheers

Edmonton,Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

Of course, there are direct flights to Varadero.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,302 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

Hey Gone Salsa

Ya there are direct to Varadero but the OP was asking about others from the west. It seems that Holguin, Santa Clara are now direct with some airlines, speciffically Transat Vacations. AC still flys you to Toronto then down.

Cheers

10. Re: Are there any direct flights to Cuba from Edmonton/Calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 10, 2009