We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dental work in Cuba

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dental work in Cuba

Hello TA people! We are returning to Cuba next year (Guardalavaca), and are thinking of getting some dental work done while there. Does anyone know how to arrange this? Would we contact a clinic to make an appointment, or just walk in? If an appointment is necessary, how would we contact the clinic, etc. etc. Any input would be very helpful. Thanks!

Taz

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Holguin, Guardalavaca
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dental work in Cuba

There is an International clicnic in Guardalavaca, by the market place next to the Amigo resort....you can make your enquiries there.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dental work in Cuba

Thankyou, Loonylou! Any idea how I could find an address or e-mail for them? Maybe the staff at Club Amigo would know? They've been very helpful in the past.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
688 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dental work in Cuba

We visited the clinic in Guadalavaca in January this year. No contact details on the bill but I did find this:

Guardalavaca Clinic - Guardalavaca

Calle 2da #15, Guardalavaca, Banes, Holguín

Phone: 0053 024 30291

More information here:

www.servimedcuba.com

Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dental work in Cuba

If you do a search I am sure there was a post a while ago about dental work in Guardalavaca.

Also Pipliinewelder had extensive work done in Havana last year, pm him he might have some info.

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dental work in Cuba

I cant help you with that paticular city, i did have dental work done in Havana. If you have any questions feel free to ask. You can send me a private message or we can disscuse it right here on the fourm, actually i prefere the fourm, it gives other people a chance to get info they might want.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dental work in Cuba

Would you mind telling us what you had done and whether you were happy with the outcome; I think it would be nice for others to know what is available and the quality and professionalism of the work...thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dental work in Cuba

i would like to know some prices just found out i need a crown 400 pounds because i would like a white not a grey one i was saving up to have a double bridge fitted to replace a missing tooth and that was going to be 1200 pounds so the idea to have it done in cuba has crossed my mind also.

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dental work in Cuba

The work i had done in Havana consisted of three filings, I had to have three crowns made, and of course they had to make temporary crowns. And i had all my old mercury fillings removed,which were all quite large. And replaced with the modern white material. And of course an extensive cleaning done. In all this cost me 800cuc. The woman dentist was very gentel. The chair i sat in was quite old but hey, so are there cars and there still running. The reason i pick Havana to get the work done wasnt just the price, it was to be able to get to whole job done in one month, which in Canada would have been impossible. Plus have a holliday, and turns out the price was very reasonable.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,385 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dental work in Cuba

WOW! all for 800 CUCs... Thats about £430....Fantastic.

What was the needle like, old fashioned fat ones?????

Oh how I hate the old fashioned needles,,,Please tell me thats not so..

vancouver canada
Level Contributor
572 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dental work in Cuba

Yes i guess i could have elaborated at bit more about the service, To start with the lady who owns the casa i stay at,found the dentist and arranged my first appointment, her father ended up being my driver, as the office was about 35 minuets from her casa, Other wise i would have had to take a taxi there and then find one for the way back. So i decided to use her father as he speaks some english,and why not pay him instead of a taxi, his pension is like 7cuc per month, He would wait patiently reading his paper for up to three hours at a time. Believe me i was i little apprehensive, i hadnt had any substantial work done in about 30 years. And now i find my self sitting in a chair in Cuba. It was kind of funny the lady dentist live close to my casa so she would walk over, and ride with us to the office, very casual. The way she administered the shots was very gentle,first she applied the pre-freeze, even the shots to the upper gums in the front, was quite painless. I was kind of impressed with there system regarding cleaning they didnt do one big cleaning which can be quite uncomfortable they did the cleaning over the course of the whole job. I couldnt have been more pleased with the service, It been over a year now and i havnt had any trouble with my crowns, or any of the other work.