We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions at Breezes Jibicoa, Cuba

Midlands
2 posts
Save Topic
Excursions at Breezes Jibicoa, Cuba

Hi there, my partner and I are travelling to Cuba at the end of the month. We ae staying at Breezes Jibicoa. Could anybody recommend worthwhile excursions?

Also I have heard there is a brilliant cabaret show in Havana, is this an excursion or should we arrange our own trip to the show and Havana itself?

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions at Breezes Jibicoa, Cuba

Hi There

We have just come back from Breezes. We organised our own trip to havana for a few days (staying over for 3 nights) with the help of local tour guide Jorge. He arranged and booked everything - from the transfer from Breezes; accomodation; guided tours of Havana; restaurant reservations & transfer back to Jibacoa. He was brilliant and it was so much cheaper than doing the trip via Virgin. We paid 400 CUC for both of us for 3 nights; plus 2 full days guided tour with our own private guide; all tarnsportation. The only thing it did not include was meals whilst in Havana. The overnight stay via Virgin was 185 CUC each. If you do a search on trip advisor for Jorge - you will get his details and other recommendations. I would not hesitate to recomend him - he was brilliant and can arrange anything trip you like.

Other trips which are offered are on a catamaran - whihc a friend of mine did - they said it was OK; there is a trip into Varadero.

Also in the hotel, they run little local trips on the scooters - whihc cost very little.

Have a great time and if you want any more info - dont hesitate to give me a shout.

Amelia

Mentioned in this post
Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions at Breezes Jibicoa, Cuba

There are various tours on offer from Jibacoa - your tour operator will offer several, and you will also see an information board at the tour desk next to reception detailing trips and prices.

You can do a tour of Havana with a visit to the tropicana show and then back to the hotel, or you can do an overnight stay in Havana after the tropicana.

The scooter tours are cheap, and although I have never done one, have heard that they are very good. They take you to local towns such as Santa Cruz del Norte, Hershey etc.

The Bellamar caves are good for a visit, as is the city of Matanzas and you're also close enough to Varadero to spend a day there if you want to.

Mentioned in this post
Hershey
Hershey
Pennsylvania
3. Re: Excursions at Breezes Jibicoa, Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, October 01, 2009