We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Havana trips from Beezes Jibacoa. Worthwhile??

Blackpool, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Havana trips from Beezes Jibacoa. Worthwhile??

What are the opinions of you more, seasoned travellers on the excursions to Havana from this resort.

We really want a night there with a full evening at Club Tropicana.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Mutts

Mentioned in this post
Tropicana
Tropicana
2,493 Reviews
Cuba
Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Havana trips from Beezes Jibacoa. Worthwhile??

We travelled from this resort for two days in Havana earlier this year.

It is easy to arrange yourself, rather than using the tour companies. We used a man called Jorge in Havana to organise everything for us. If you do a search for Jorge on this site you will find he is very highly praised. He got us our hotel at a discount and arranged a guide for Havana.

I have also read on this site that Jorge can get much better tickets at the Tropicana, than are normally obtained by the travel companies.

Jorge can be contacted on jorgeguide2004@yahoo.es.

Mentioned in this post
Tropicana
Tropicana
2,493 Reviews
Cuba
Cuba
Level Contributor
13,053 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Havana trips from Beezes Jibacoa. Worthwhile??

Hiya Mutts

IMHO this is a must ... such a short trip from that area ... and the Tropicanna show included ... Wow ...can't go wrong

From Varadero there is another almost three hours travel time to and from ... eats into your next day plans...

Mardi

Mentioned in this post
Blackpool, England
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Havana trips from Beezes Jibacoa. Worthwhile??

Oh! thats brilliant info, thanks guys.

I shall see if i can sort something with Jorge.

He sounds like the man.......many thanks for that.

Mutts

Halifax
Level Contributor
217 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Havana trips from Beezes Jibacoa. Worthwhile??

If you arrange the excursion from the hotel, I suggest the full day tour combined with the Tropicana show. We left the hotel at around 8:00am and did a tour of the city - some walking some driving. We ate lunch close to the huge market and then looked around there, and then did some more touring. We went to a hotel for supper and had rooms assigned to us where we could freshen up and change for the Tropicana show in the evening. We arrived back at Jibacoa just after midnight. It was a great day and night and I highly recommend it. There was only about 12 of us on the tour so it seemed more personal than a busload of people.

The next year we went to Jibacoa we just did the full day tour. A big bus was jam packed so we did not enjoy it as much. I suspect that less people do the tour combined with the Tropicana show and that is why it was smaller and more intimate.

However, you get there, definitely go to Havanna. You will enjoy it.

Mentioned in this post
Tropicana
Tropicana
2,493 Reviews
Cuba
Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,624 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Havana trips from Beezes Jibacoa. Worthwhile??

One other thing to consider is that the Hotel National puts on a caberet similar, but I suspect not as good as, the Tropicana, every night. It is a fraction of the price of the Tropicana, and being in central Havana it gives the option of eating at a Havana central restaurant and then going to the cabaret.

We went to the cabaret in the National and it was spectacular, but not our cup of tea, so we left after an hour or so, without having spent a fortune.

I wonder if anyone has been to both the National and Tropicana and comment on whether they are comparable.

Mentioned in this post
Tropicana
Tropicana
2,493 Reviews
Cuba
6. Re: Havana trips from Beezes Jibacoa. Worthwhile??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 09, 2009